Newbie...Sunroof stuck already!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nick21

Reaction score
Hello all!

I just purchased a new to me 05 Yukon SLT. So far only mods are 22s (I have only had it 2 days!). Pics will be coming soon! :)

Anyhow, I get home and my sunroof (or is it moonroof?) won't close all the way. It opens and closes, but it won't seal up tight when you go to close it. It won't close so I can't get it to the vent position either!

One thing of note is the dealer replaced the alternator right before I took delivery, so the battery must have been disconnected. I tried the sync procedure in the manual but like I said, I can't get it into the vent position so it doesn't work.

Anyhone have any ideas?

nephite1978

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, that sucks. I won't be of any help for you, but you did bring up an interesting question...What exactly is the difference between a "Sunroof" and a "Moonroof"? Does anybody know?

05LS

Reaction score
If you bought it from a dealer, why not take it back and have them repair or correct the problem that wasn't there?

nick21

Reaction score
Really?

So...
1. Is it Sunroof or Moonroof
2. Take it to a dealer

Any advice on how to fix this myself?

No offense guys, but the dealer is a long way away, and since the motor and switches work, I assume it just needs to be reset or adjusted.

Anyone ever have any sunroof (or moonroof or sun roof or moon roof) problems?

rorydeyoung

Reaction score
I know this was forever ago, but did you figure it out? Mine's doing the same thing suddenly.