No heat.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bpmassaro

Reaction score
Blower motor runs , truck is at temp, no heat. Plus the air conditioning works but only for about 20 min. Seems like it doesn't really blow good either. 1996 tahoe . I replaced the heater control valve , no heat.

Last edited:

MO Viet Vet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The heater core may be clogged. Get a temp reading at both the in and out hoses when up to full temp. They should be fairly close in temp. You also may have a blend door problem but need to check basics first. Is the coolant low and do you have a coolant leak in the system? To get proper heat you need full coolant and good flow.

LanaG

Reaction score
Hi, I am experiencing this same issue. It is 9 degrees in Nebraska today and my heat did not work at all, I have replaced the blend actuator already, before if I turned the system on & off it would come back on, not today!! Think it is most likely the heater core? Can a mechanic tell if it is the heater core? Thanks!!!

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heater core is probably plugged up. Pull the heater hoses off (engine cold) and tie them back and up. Use a garden hose to flush one port then move to the other, then back, keep it up until it flows freely. Re attach hoses, refill coolant, test run.