No sound!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jhudson919

Reaction score
I've owned many chevrolets, but I just recently purchased my first tahoe. It's a 2004. When I bought it, it had no radio, but the guy I bought it from had the radio it came with, he just pulled it for security reasons. I thought it was no big deal, I could just put the radio back in once I got it home. So once I got home I plugged the wiring harness in and the unit powered up, but I had no sound. Since the wiring harness was put together using electric tape I figured it might be a loose connection so I pulled it apart and rewired it using splices. Still no sound. So I pulled the factory radio out of my 2004 Silverado in hopes that it might just be a bad stereo, but once again, no sound. I've heard it could be the stock amp, and also with the bose system apparently if one speaker goes out they all quit working. Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this? I'm hoping it's a simple fix. I've also checked the fuses and they're all good as well. Also keep in mind I'm assuming the previous owner had a system because the radio that came with it had a remote wire ran to it. Maybe that could be part of the issue? Thanks.