not working power door mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corvhoe7795

Reaction score
I don't want to sound like a know it all wise guy here, but I seen my dad over my 18 years take switches, relays and such apart. He'd clean the oxcidation off the contacts or file points flat and the thing works again. He's always said 99% of the time it's just dirty contacts. Plus too the contact arms sometimes need lefted up (like restretching a spring). Years of use somtimes the contact fingers can't touch the other contact and make a connection. Oh, he's had his passenger side dash interior light switch out 3 times, he finally got it working again.

corvhoe7795

Reaction score
this thread has been dead for a while, but I'm the OP. I just lived with my non functioning power mirror ( it was in a position I liked :hahano: ) for 4 years. I finally removed the mirror backing plate to expose the motor. My housing, plasic plate and glass are all good; does anyone know if the chevy dealer, or any parts store will sell only a motor. I have the old one off and it's a piece of cake to swap the old motor for a new one. I bet all the parts stores want to sell the customer a whole new mirror assembly. Let me know of your experience if you've been down this road before, thanks!