Oil Brand & Filter Brand

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eng1Driver

Reaction score
AC Delco filter and 6 quarts of Mobil1 5w30 every 5,000 miles. I find that the 5,000 mile interval is almost exactly in tune with the oil life monitoring system. There's maybe a few hundred mile difference either way. I understand the OLMS varys with driving habits but for me 5,000 mile intervals are perfect.

To those who run Fram filters beware. I've belonged to many automotive forums and Fram seem to get lousy reviews. I prefer Factory brand filters when possible but also like Purolator, Napa Gold, Baldwin, and Wix. For diesel trucks Fleetguards are my filter of choice.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what kind of lousy reviews do u get from fram?? like what happens if you use fram alot or whatever?? thanks

Eng1Driver

Reaction score
what kind of lousy reviews do u get from fram?? like what happens if you use fram alot or whatever?? thanks

From what I've read the quality of material used in the filter are not as good as others. When I say material I mean filter media, number of pleats in media, drain back valve construction, and such. I will try and find the link to an oil filter overview someone did where they cut open different filters and showed the differences.

Check this out as it's pretty good reading. Fram doesen't fare well.
http://www.knizefamily.net/minimopar/oilfilters/index.html

Last edited: