Oil Disappearing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

burris79

Reaction score
Hi everyone. My name is Dave. I'm new here. I own a 2004 Chevy Tahoe. We like it but it seems to have problem after problem. So, without further ado...

Help, please!

Our oil seems to be disappearing. The only place we seem to have a leak is the front differential. The oil tank in dry. The transmission fluid is clean. Could it be leaking into the front differential and then out from there?

-Dave

lovemytaho

Reaction score
truck has too many oils fluids which one is disappearing? Engine oil? diff.oil? trans oil? p/s oil? brake oil?
let us know exact .so we can help.
thankyou

lovemytaho

Reaction score
differential oil

I have 02 Tahoe rear drive I change my diff .oil but I didn't put synthetic oil I just put regular SAE 80W90 diff oil is that ok? please any advise?
thankyou

BrianAnderson70

Reaction score
If you're referring to engine oil, I ran into this in my 2007 Silverado. If your engine has cylinder deactivation, when those four cylinders are not firing, oil is still lubricating them. When those cylinders reactivate, it burns the oil in those cylinders. I went through about a quart of oil every 3000 miles or so. Never noticed any blue smoke, no leaks...I had been frustrated until I found information about it online. I thought my garage was screwing me by not filling it at first.

falvarezwin

Reaction score
If you're referring to engine oil, I ran into this in my 2007 Silverado. If your engine has cylinder deactivation, when those four cylinders are not firing, oil is still lubricating them. When those cylinders reactivate, it burns the oil in those cylinders. I went through about a quart of oil every 3000 miles or so. Never noticed any blue smoke, no leaks...I had been frustrated until I found information about it online. I thought my garage was screwing me by not filling it at first.
WOW, thank you so much, I was just wondering the same thing about my Tahoe, You just put a huge smile on my face, since I thought I was going to have spend a lot of money of the repair.

Thanks