ok guys im new to the chevy world....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chriscuz

Reaction score
iight so i have a 2000 chevy tahoe 5.3 and it has a anti freeze leak in the rear of the motor i replaced the intake manifold gasket it didnt leak for a few days and then i knoticed it was leaking again any idea what it could be the only other thing i can think of is the freeze plug...its not over heating or showing any signs of a blown head gasket and some times when i start her up there a ticking noise but it goes away after it warms up if anyone can help me id much appreciate it please any input is welcome u can reach me here or on my email at [email protected]
im starting to think it was a bad idea buying this tahoe.....ive already sunk about 500 into it

Last edited:

samotahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tahoes are notorious for the cold start knock, but will always go away after warm up unless there is internal damage due to low lubrication. For your leak you need to pressurize the system and if you get it on a lift it would be easier to spot. Then from there it will be easier to pinpoint your issue

chriscuz

Reaction score
ima have to get the the pressurize system for it to check...but i just find it odd u know.back before i got the intake manifold gasket replaced it would leak all the time i got it fixxed it didnt leak at all but i parked it at work last night kinda on a small hill with the nose in the air and it started leaking...now i have another question if u can answer the 4x4 when u put it in it jumps really bad driving straight i was thinking the hubs...this is my first car of my own im still kinda lost pinpoint problems

Mayhem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might have over torqued the intake bolts and smashed the gasket or leaking from around one of the bolts. I believe, but I can't remember for sure, but I think the rear bolts for sure go into the head where the water/anti freeze is.