OK heres a stoopit noob question ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ColdCougar

Reaction score
I have looked all over the rear cargo area and ... I can NOT find where the rear window washer fluid tank is ... I have a 95 4 door ... after y'all are done laughing and wiping the tears outta your eyes (... from the laughter) PLEASE PLEASE help me out ... Living in the rust belt SUCKS

79powerwagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, living in the rust belt sucks! I have barn doors, so no rear wash. But my Explorers use the same tank for both the front and rear washers. A lot of vehicles do. Might yours be like that?

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there is only 1 it is under the hood and is for the front and back

ColdCougar

Reaction score
see I didnt think that was the case because when I bought the truck both front and rear worked ... now the rear doesnt work ... granted I DID run the tank dry I guess it WOULD take a while to get fluid back there ... or do I have to siphon it to the back ??

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
had a similar problem on my moms van. the hose in the back was kinked. might wanna check that too. but i have to admit, thats a reason i love my barn doors. less to go wrong.

footinSD

Reaction score
Advantage to having a tailgate is actually being able to see out of your rear window... :yesnod:

The rear wiper looses the flow of fluid to it before the front by the matter of a couple of days (normal use in SD anyways). I'm not sure why this is, but i would assume the supply connection for the rear is set slightly higher than for the front. Fill your ONLY reservoir under the hood and run your rear wiper fluid until it is supplied again. Since you ran it dry you'll need more than a gallon to fill the reservoir completely if its the same as my '99.

Sport99

Reaction score
I noticed you're up in schenectady. I used to live there and I remember the winters were brutal... It could be possible there is some frozen fluid in the line... Try purchasing some antifreeze wiper fluid and see what happens.

footinSD

Reaction score
I can see out my back window just fine. in fact, i can see out BOTH just fine. :p lol

Its nice being able to wash off the dust from all our rural roads in SoDak. :thumbsup:

Oh yeah... i only use -30 washer fluid so i'm quite positive there is nothing frozen in the line (although the winters often get that cold with the wind)