One rear AC vent not blowing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zipster

Reaction score
Ok, are the trim panels easy to remove? I assume one of the ducts has come loose feeding one of the ceiling vents. It's the passenger side vent for the middle passengers. 2007 Tahoe.

Thanks,

Richard

CodeB4U

Reaction score
Ok, are the trim panels easy to remove? I assume one of the ducts has come loose feeding one of the ceiling vents. It's the passenger side vent for the middle passengers. 2007 Tahoe.

Thanks,

Richard

Its actually the A/C channels...its all one big peice. It separation, so you have to remove the headliner and Re-glue the AC channel to the headliner.

Zipster

Reaction score
Ugh. That's what I was afraid of. Dealer or do it myself. Decisions, decisions.

Thanks for the heads up though.

Richard

CodeB4U

Reaction score
Ugh. That's what I was afraid of. Dealer or do it myself. Decisions, decisions.

Thanks for the heads up though.

Richard

Sucks its out of warranty, get ready to pay for at least 5 hours at 1XX/hr.

I done a handful of them at work. Does take a long time, if you attempt, make sure to have atleast 3-7 hours aside...well depending on your tools and know-how. I can take one down in 20 min.

Make sure to glue and seal the darker piece (air cap) to the lighter(headliner)
16c8d2g.gif

Zipster

Reaction score
Well, that picture pretty much clears up how it works. Much thanks.

I probably have the tools to do it and have been a DIYer on my cars for many years, but now I find I have limited time to attempt projects. So...I may just have to see how many pennies are stuffed in the piggy bank.

I'll give the interior one more quick view just to see how hard it looks to remove all the panels to get to the headliner. Couldn't find anything on the net that references it.

Richard

CodeB4U

Reaction score
Well if you have another car to drive while your tahoe is MIA, i would recommend that. Because it cost nothing but time.

You are totally correct about finding time. I work at a dealership and i spend all day working and fixing other ppls cars, but i never have time to work/fix/mod my own. I pretty much have to wait till the weekend or take a day off.

Edit: it might even be cheaper to rent a vehicle for a day or two while you finish up the Tahoe.

Analicia Montenegro

Reaction score
New to this thread and having the EXACT same issue. I know this is probably a long shot, given the time stamp on the post, but what was the outcome on this? I would like to get this issue fixed. Thanks for any help!

Jolitsolivia

Reaction score
New to this thread and having the EXACT same issue. I know this is probably a long shot, given the time stamp on the post, but what was the outcome on this? I would like to get this issue fixed. Thanks for any help!
did you fixed the issue? i had the same problem but i fixed it without taking down the headliner