OnStar Stolen Vehicle Slowdown

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Big deal...I would rather see a high speed chase...lol. I'm sure they could probably do anything they want to the vehicle through the onstar system already.

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It might just be one of those sneaky business moves to only have it on the newer 09's. (wonder why the economy is screwed)

I'm pretty sure its just a simple software upgrade on the computer, if that. Currently they can unlock doors, check air bag deployment, check errors on the computer, check tire pressure, locate the vehicle and give turn by turn directions, and so on

go figure. :ktoe:

2007TahoeLTZ4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it doesnt matter either way because if some <insert minority> is stupid enough to steal my truck then theyre dumb enough to think that all of the tahoes have this so it helps us even though we dont have it

even if it was an easy upgrade, gm wouldnt do it

khool750

Reaction score
it doesn't matter either way because if some <insert minority> is stupid enough to steal my truck then they're dumb enough to think that all of the tahoes have this so it helps us even though we dont have it

even if it was an easy upgrade, gm wouldnt do it

Wow, people are still on that? Onstar is great, and I'm sure they can do all the wonderful things to deter theft, but you know, I don't think we should be pointing fingers at < insert minority> . How about the little young < insert majority > that are at the car washes, or valets, or just plain punks? Anyway, the matter is, if any punks want your car, it's not hard, onstar or not. The slow down thing is kind of cool, but what good is it, if the truck is taken off with a roll back, or if it's taken to an alley, parked and stripped? Isn't it a surprise that GM put all these whistles on the 09's? No, they will do anything to sell these things now.