Opinions please...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea i would just keep it hte way it is with the cleared headlights and parking light lenses. that looks hella clean. also, with the 3/3 you already have, you should just buy rear springs so that the car sits level. But yea, that looks good wiht the lights. that is what i want for my yukon.

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are those the stock lights with the amber crap removed?

if so, how did you do that? I would love to take orange out of my headlights

Brandon00hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think he only did that because it is expensive to buy clear headlights, but for the tahoe the clear corners are cheap

without the reflector http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TURN...024QQitemZ370078293234QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

with the reflector http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TURN...013QQitemZ230285653887QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

my problem with spending even a moderate amount of bread on stuff like this is; i would rather have a muffler, cam, custom tune, electric fan kit and on and on and on... i have a jar of money that fills up just for my truck and i can never justify spending it on cosmetic stuff... but i have checked those out on ebay too.

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are aftermarket blinkers (on the bottom) and I pulled the orange reflectors out of the headlights.

Brandon00hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my problem with spending even a moderate amount of bread on stuff like this is; i would rather have a muffler, cam, custom tune, electric fan kit and on and on and on... i have a jar of money that fills up just for my truck and i can never justify spending it on cosmetic stuff... but i have checked those out on ebay too.

I know how it is. I want a Whipple or Kenne Bell so bad I can't stand it, and I'm always trying to justify it to my self.

CaliChevyV8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats how I was on my last truck. It had the SS 6.0, long tubes, intake, corsa catback, dyno tune, shift kit, drag tires. Then I decided I'd get the tahoe and keep it stock performance wise and just do cosmetics. It's gettin hard not to go to work on the engine...

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude, These are full size SUVs, not Ferrari's, Corvettes, or even Honda Civics. They already get horrible gas mileage. Cams, mufflers, superchargers, etc just make you want to goose it from light to light - sucking up even more gas. And it would still not be "fast." Why not just dump it, so you have to drive super slow - saving gas and money at the same time. pick up an F-body if you want speed.

My 0.02.

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude, These are full size SUVs, not Ferrari's, Corvettes, or even Honda Civics. They already get horrible gas mileage. Cams, mufflers, superchargers, etc just make you want to goose it from light to light - sucking up even more gas. And it would still not be "fast." Why not just dump it, so you have to drive super slow - saving gas and money at the same time. pick up an F-body if you want speed.

My 0.02.

supercharger would be fun but my goal is to put parts on my truck that are going to benifit the truck! I have no intention of putting my foot it, i just want better millage, longer life for my truck, better sound... etc etc...

As for the Ferrari... i dont have one of those, but i do have a 95 Cadi sts w/ 4.6 northstar... thats my land boat race car, i love that northstart, that old b**ch MOVES!

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
supercharger would be fun but my goal is to put parts on my truck that are going to benifit the truck! I have no intention of putting my foot it, i just want better millage, longer life for my truck, better sound... etc etc...

As for the Ferrari... i dont have one of those, but i do have a 95 Cadi sts w/ 4.6 northstar... thats my land boat race car, i love that northstart, that old b**ch MOVES!

I got a 98 deville with the same motor. That thing sure loves to run, 110k miles, i beat the crap out of it. i changed the oil in april, same coolent it had from the factory, infact all fluids are the same cept for the oil. LOL but it sure LOVES TO RUN, but i picked it up for 700 bucks as a daily driver and if your easy going you get 26-30 hwy. :D

But i have to disagree, you put a super charger on one of these suvs and it will move quite fast, when the cadillac escalade can get from 0-60 in 5 seconds STOCK!!!! then a tahoe with some preformance mods should do the same, hell a corvette is only ONE second slower. \

can you think of what an escalade would be like with a wipple, super charger, a turbo charger, flowmasters, shift kit, custom tune, and some drag tires..:cool2:

Brandon00hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can you think of what an escalade would be like with a wipple, super charger, a turbo charger, flowmasters, shift kit, custom tune, and some drag tires..:cool2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9dCnr0LjB4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCPbdlLijyM

5862-2003-Cadillac-Escalade.jpg

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont know where you got your specs on the lade, but I have only found 0-60 times from 6.7-7.5 seconds.
Im sure its quick for an SUV, but no overall.

As far as mpg's - spending $5k on a supercharger isnt cost effective to save 2 mpg's.. It would take longer than the life of the truck for it to pay for itself. We all daydream about turbo's and s/c's, We tell ourselves that we will get better mpg's, but EVERYBODY gets a heavy foot when they have something like that under the hood.

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont know where you got your specs on the lade, but I have only found 0-60 times from 6.7-7.5 seconds.

As far as mpg's - spending $5k on a supercharger isnt cost effective to save 2 mpg's.. It would take longer than the life of the truck for it to pay for itself. We all daydream about turbo's and s/c's, We tell ourselves that we will get better mpg's, but EVERYBODY gets a heavy foot when they have something like that under the hood.

although this post is about better MPG... its taken a turn for the "power" and i think you missed it... lol... just breakin balls... i want a super charger and about 10k worth of mods to boot... but to save on mpg's

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i want a super charger and about 10k worth of mods to boot... but to save on mpg's

Don't we all? I just want to know who is buying? Im open to all sponsors... Im just not going to put any stickers on my truck.

Last edited:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score

IM talking about the new one, with the 403 hp 6.2 liter. not the gmt 800 style with 345 hp.

there is even a thred on hear about people with yukon denalis (gmt 900) after a tune, getting in the 5's.