Order Picked

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fdnyfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got a vin number, expected to be at the dealer 11/25

NowakPE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool!! :cool:

So far, we love ours. My wife is just returning from a long road trip in it. When she finally gets back here to San Antonio, we will have well over 3,000 miles on it. Time for the first oil change...

Fdnyfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder how often oil needs to be changed. My Lexus rx350 is every 10,000 miles with synthetic oil. I can't imagine every 3000 on Tahoe

NowakPE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder how often oil needs to be changed. My Lexus rx350 is every 10,000 miles with synthetic oil. I can't imagine every 3000 on Tahoe

Per the manual, oil should be changed every 5,000 miles. The Dexos 1 oil specified by GM is a synthetic blend oil 0w-20. I'm changing the oil early the first time because I'm anal and believe in an early first change to clear out any leftover assembly lube and initial wear-in particles. Not required by GM, and some say unnecessary due to today's engines being assembled more cleanly than in years past, but something I've done on all my new cars.

I also plan on switching to full synthetic oil (Mobil 1) and going about 10k in between changes. Yes, I know the onboard computer won't agree with this, but I'll make it ;) Oh, and no cheap oil filters either.... I'll pay the extra couple of bucks and use GM filters.

Fdnyfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a text message today that my Tahoe has arrived!

Picking it up Friday

image.jpg

jdouthit

Reaction score
Our dealer just placed our Tahoe order on Monday 04/20/15. What is everyone seeing these days on delivery time. We were told it would probably be 8 weeks.

arnoldgers

Reaction score
Looking great! Finally, after months of placing the order. Congrats on your new Tahoe. :)