P0332 Error code and Oil change msg.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ozhawk

Reaction score
I got an Oil change msg on my 2004 Tahoe and about 2 hrs later I got a check engine light. I know that this code is for the knock sensors, but is it possible that this is tied to the timing of the oil change warning? I also question this too because of a YouTube video where the vehicle that they replaced the knock sensors and it actually also fixed the guys oil meter that was not reading prior to the knock sensor replacement.

Before I try to walk through the pain in the butt replacements of these sensors should I first try the Oil change solution first? (Only ask because I am partially supporting my sick mother and am in a money crunch until I can get that second job.)

Any help/thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

ozhawk

Reaction score
Thanks for answering....I don't have the steering wheel controls. Just thought that it was too close to the timing of the Oil Change Message to be a coincidence. Also would have been nice to spend 50.00 on an oil change vs 260.00 for both. Not to mention that removing the intake manifold is going to be a very tedious process..(lots of pictures to take and lines to label since I have never done this before)... Oh well I wanted to learn how to take care of "The Beast" since it has been paid off...pretty standard stuff so far...ha, ha, ha.

rockenthebowtie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea it looks more complicated then what it really is for the most part its only the fuel lines, throttle body cooler lines, purge control solenoid line, and brake booster vacuum hose, t/b electrical connector and the manifold bolts and your there. From your last post sounds like your already into it, was going to suggest to pressure wash it all up under the intake and above to get as much debris off as possible to prevent as much it as possible of falling into the intake rails. You also want to replace the knock sensor electrical harness connectors, and once installed put a bead of silicon around the seem connector umbrella covers right at the crease of the covers and rocker arm cover plate