Paid $3.71/gal for fuel today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonJacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Answer:

She wanted to go into the oval office, lift up her dress and say;
Look George there is still a bush in the Whitehouse!!!

run4jc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Less than 13?

.......... cause it appears I'm alone in saying I get < 13 mpg, then again I never had a big trout get away.
YukonJacks - yes you do have us beat on the price - but mileage, I'm right there with you. I deal with stop and go 'putt putt' in my commute - 25-35 MPH speed zones, and now with the heat and 2 AC units running - 11-12 MPG. I call my Yukon the "AntiHybrid."

:smilielol:

YukonJacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YukonJacks - yes you do have us beat on the price - but mileage, I'm right there with you. I deal with stop and go 'putt putt' in my commute - 25-35 MPH speed zones, and now with the heat and 2 AC units running - 11-12 MPG. I call my Yukon the "AntiHybrid."

:smilielol:

I havent noticed any diff by using the A/C, I have a Black Lab and she goes everywhere with me, so you know I have the A/C crankin. I have been using 89 since the weather got hot.

quazee

Reaction score
I'm with you on mileage. I get <13 normally and I think the tank I'm on now is even worse. I've got 1/4 tank left and have something like 220 miles on it.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to get 12.5 until I stopped driving on the rev limiter everywhere, just dropping from 100mph on highway to 65mph made a little difference :lol:

quazee

Reaction score
I did get on it a little more with this tank. I wanted to see what affect it would have. I got 13mpg on my last tank and thought that I was doing a pretty good job of driving with a light foot.

run4jc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of 'detuning' mine - taking the Hypertech tuning out but keeping the shift points firm. My problem is that I rarely get to let it 'run.' Lots of stop and go - I am trying to go easy coming off the line, but man, testosterone kicks in when I hear that 5.3 rumble through the Magnaflow and I can't help myself!!!! No sound quite so sweet as a GM small block V8 in full song - guzzling gas or not.

:cool:

SapperRyash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
paid $4.15 a gallon on base today. 40 bucks gave me a bit over a half. i was at about an 1/8th of a tank before i put that 40 bones in. THIS SUCKS!!! im thinking about selling the tahoe and getting a 2003-2005 GTI, dont want to but it is really hurting my wallet to buy the gas

Gordo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry boost i didnt make it to safeway I had to fill up sooner the orange light came on and we all know what that means. filled up at $4.05 took over $90 and my wallet took a huge load off. but Im getting 15.2 average on the gallon stop and go -slow down hurry up- floor it -so i guess im not too bad compared to some of you guys getting 13mpg the 6.0 might be bigger but it takes less power to get the 20's rollin'

oomindwarpoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pull 18 city/22-23 highway normally.. takes me a while to get up to speed but screw those other people they can go around, usually shifts at 16-1700rpm.

tann808

Reaction score
$4.42 for 92 octane here in Hawaii. I get about 14mpg, alot of stop and go on this small but congested Island.

Gas is getting expensive but I'll never think of giving up my Denali, never!!!! I'll just drive my CRX more, LOL!!!

happycamping

Reaction score
I had to rub it in!

Well I filled up the Yukon XL for the first time on Wed. When I filled it up.....I paid....are you ready???? $2.29 yes that is $2.29 no typo there. We had $1.70 off per gallon at the gas station built up. I saved $44 while filling up! It only cost me $55 to fill up the XL from less than a quarter of a tank. I was really shocked!

EasyRyder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I filled up the Yukon XL for the first time on Wed. When I filled it up.....I paid....are you ready???? $2.29 yes that is $2.29 no typo there. We had $1.70 off per gallon at the gas station built up. I saved $44 while filling up! It only cost me $55 to fill up the XL from less than a quarter of a tank. I was really shocked!

where are you located?

krunchy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where are you located?
heaven?

ps here is a pic i had to take the other day too bad its not like this when i am not going down a steep mountain pass

Attachments

• hells gate 2 alexandria bridge hope slide 084.jpg
    hells gate 2 alexandria bridge hope slide 084.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

scarpi

Reaction score
Filled up the Yukon a couple of days ago at $4.15/gal here in Phoenix and I only get about 13.5 mpg in mostly city traffic (5.3 liter engine). Oh well such is life. :crazy: