PCV system?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

a_kraker99

Reaction score
How does the PCV system work in the 2007+ 5.3's? I pulled out what I thought was the PCV valve on the drivers side rear of the engine on the valve cover and it is just a open valve, There is nothing to regulate the crank pressure? Is the crank case constantly under a vacuum or is there air always flowing through it coming from a breather somewhere?

jweezy

Reaction score
no pcv valve

How does the PCV system work in the 2007+ 5.3's? I pulled out what I thought was the PCV valve on the drivers side rear of the engine on the valve cover and it is just a open valve, There is nothing to regulate the crank pressure? Is the crank case constantly under a vacuum or is there air always flowing through it coming from a breather somewhere?

No pcv valve
No fuel filter
Weird isn't it!
I own a 2007 Tahoe LT 3, tried to do Maintenance and there's just not a lot that can be done like older vehicles. I just change my fluids with exactly what is recommended in owners manual, that's all that can be done. You can change the Iridium plugs and wires every 100k whoopy