Performance chip?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xTAHOEx

Reaction score
Lately I have been hearing about these performance chips and was thinking about getting one. Does anybody know anything about them and if they really work?

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year tahoe do you have? What kind of chip are you looking at - link to it?

clkelley

Reaction score
It depends on what year model you have on whether you can actually use a performance chip. But I would say be very careful about "Chips" per say. There are a LOT of low buck cheapos out there that will do more harm than good. For a handheld programmer the Hypertech's are good units, but for getting the most out of your ride I would say contact Black Bear Tuning and find out when they will be in your area and get it custom tuned, this way the tuning is safer and built for your vehicle to your specifications.

ssglaird

Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing. I have a 1995 Tahoe with a cold air kit and a free flowing exhaust...no cat, stock trash can cut off and 3inch in 2.5 dual outs dumped. I was given a stage 2 jet brand chip, but didn't seem to run quite right. Thought I would try it since it was free. Just wanting to maximize what is done. My Tahoe is just a mall haller with the fishing trip here and there.