pics of the 02 hoe....suggestions for lift kit or rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

porterhouse1121

Reaction score
want to put on a 3 inch lift on it maybe new torsion keys and rear spacers instead of body lift. looking for probably 32 inch tires and maybe some black rims....suggestions? Also want to black out the emblem get some HID's and black led tail lights, anyone with ideas or pics let me know thanks

Attachments

• the tahoe 008.jpg
    the tahoe 008.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 20
  • the tahoe 011.jpg
    the tahoe 011.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 7
  • the tahoe 009.jpg
    the tahoe 009.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 10
  • the tahoe 001.jpg
    the tahoe 001.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 4
  • the tahoe 003.jpg
    the tahoe 003.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 6

TXST8tj

Reaction score
i run Ford torsion bar keys and 1.5" Suspension Maxx spacers with 285/75r16 BFG MTs (32x11.50r16).

100_0683.jpg

i plan to get some black wheels ASAP. these are the two styles i am personally interested in:

American Racing "Predator"
AmericanRacingATXPredator.jpg

Pro Comp "Series 7089"
XtremeAlloysSeries7089BlackFinish.jpg

you should black-out your grille and swap in some OEM black door handles.

porterhouse1121

Reaction score
Yea I wasn't sure if I wanted to go all blacked out or chrome I put the chrome handles on cuz the ones that came with it are the same plastic that matches the flares and i didnt like it too much cuz it was offset from the truck, how hard is it to install the spacers and torsion keys? Do you think I should remove the steps? Your truck looks good

TXST8tj

Reaction score
definitely all black.

the tbar keys and spacers are VERY easy to install. i did mine in about 2 hours total, working by myself with handtools.

ditch the steps if you can. mine would've been in the trash months ago, but my wife needs the step to get in. however, i will be replacing them with NFab steps as soon as i can get a PO for them.

porterhouse1121

Reaction score
definitely all black.

the tbar keys and spacers are VERY easy to install. i did mine in about 2 hours total, working by myself with handtools.

ditch the steps if you can. mine would've been in the trash months ago, but my wife needs the step to get in. however, i will be replacing them with NFab steps as soon as i can get a PO for them.

Thanks for the help, the tbar keys i have done before its just the spacers that i have never done. How much did it cost you all in all? did u upgrade the shocks or is there no need?

TXST8tj

Reaction score
Ford keys were $75 from the dealership
Suspension Maxx 1.5" coil spacers were $80 from www.summitracing.com

so roughly $160 gets this done.

i also got longer KYB Monomax shocks for the front which were $120 from www.summitracing.com

i need to get the longer set for the rear too, just haven't gotten around to it....those would add another $120.

$400 for keys, spacers, and longer shocks really is not all that bad when you're essentially getting about 3" of lift in essence.

whether or not longer shocks are necessary is 100% a personal decision. i rode around with the stock shocks for about a month before i got around to installing the KYBs. it was mainly because i didn't have time to put them in when i did the keys and spacers. riding around on the stock shocks made me very happy i at least bought longer front shocks. the ride itself did not seem to change much, but over bumps and into potholes it felt like the shocks were going to blow up. the longer shocks make bumps and such a non-issue.

bahollis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to any noobies who see this crap. This is not normal content, obviously.

Someone block this A$$tard!

animalbmx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
want to put on a 3 inch lift on it maybe new torsion keys and rear spacers instead of body lift. looking for probably 32 inch tires and maybe some black rims....suggestions? Also want to black out the emblem get some HID's and black led tail lights, anyone with ideas or pics let me know thanks

You have the right idea with your rig man!! keep the rims small and up the tire size!! I'm in the process of doing this myself minus the lift. I would go with the first set of rims!
Heres a pic of my hoe.
IMG_0208.jpg

before the blacked out tailights
CIMG0194.jpg

color matched emblem
IMG_0129.jpg

I have HIDs comming from High level and a satin black speed grille comming this week and I'm done with the rig:yesnod:

rockymt21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
getta lift!

And I notice the animal sticker, I imagine you ride 20". I used to race downhill mountain bikes, and did a little 20" riding as well....bicycling is a great sport.

sirloin22

Reaction score
One is never done with their rig lol

The truth can never be silenced!!!! Nice trucks folks. I love the versatility of these trucks style=wise. Low or lifted.......either style does these trucks justice:):)!!!!