Plan on doing a big swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

papabear

Reaction score
I am looking at a 1998 Z71 Pickup for the sole purpose of swapping parts into my 1998 Tahoe. My question is will just about all the parts bolt on. The part I am curious about are mainly the rear. I know the motor and trans will bolt right up. I would like to keep as much as I can just for extra parts before scrapping or selling the Z71 body such as the alternator, starter, AC compressor, power steering pump, master cylinder, transfer case. The Z71 engine was new about 85K miles ago, the trans is fairly new with a z pack and the rear was rebuilt when the trans was replaced. I'll list everything I am intending on swapping in.

Engine 5.7L 350 Vortec
Trans 4L60E
Rear End ?
Odds and ends like the Headlights, Grille, Exhaust, Driver Front Door

ChampagneMurder

Reaction score
yes, almost everything will be a direct swap/ extra part for your Tahoe. Including the rear end. (it may be a different a different gear ratio though.

lwcools

Reaction score
Pretty much everything from the front seats to the bumper will be direct fit. Most of the suspension will be too. About the only stuff that you wont be able to use on your Tahoe will be the drive shaft and the back seat (assuming the p/u is ext cab).