Plasti dip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoebuzz

Reaction score
Im about to DIP my whole tahoe with the spray cans this weekend. Does anybody have any tips?:help:

Tahoebuzz

Reaction score
Can i get less views and more replies??? Come on ppl its a forum. Lets discuss this

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perhaps noone here has any advice on a rattle can paint job? What kind of advice do you want?

zsiya

Reaction score
I dipped my hood and lower rocker panels. Looks okay and hasn't come off yet!

Tahoebuzz

Reaction score
well i just sprayed the tahoe today in plasti dip. I have to say other came out pretty good for a spray can job and only cost me around 90 bucks.
zsiya- How long have u had your stuff dipped? and how do you wash it?

i sure hope this will last awhile.... it took most my day to get it completely sprayed

zsiya

Reaction score
I've had it on for a few months. I wash it like I do the rest of the truck. No problemo!

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about spraying on some tractor paint, it is pretty cheap compared to car paint..... $30/ gal at supply house....

Tahoebuzz

Reaction score
I've heard of somebody doing that before. But do have to sand down the car? I just finished spraying plasti dip, but it looks so delicate that im afraid that when i wash it will peal off.. i got a little over spray on the windows and i was able to just rub it off

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a buddy that used to do autobody and he said that if you dont mind the lack of color choice the tractor paint is nearly the same and tons cheaper...... I would assume prep and final coats would be the same...

Tahoebuzz

Reaction score
ah yeah i was afraid of that. I dont really mind the lack of color just don't have the equipment to sand and spray. But i plan on getting it painted right by next year

98_2DR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I plasti-dipped my stock wheels and grill didn't like how much black I had... But it was on my wheels for a while until I was taking my truck in to get new wheels and I peeled it off to take pics before posting for sale. Took a beating still looked ok just to much black for me.

Tahoebuzz

Reaction score
when i sprayed i guess it was a little windy outside so it got some over spray all. and there is little plasti balls on the truck. should i just run it through the car wash to get them off or rub them off?

zsiya

Reaction score
The only thing I did before I sprayed was clean the surface really well with a degreaser.

Tahoebuzz

Reaction score
just learned my lesson! Dont let gas hit your plasti dip while pumping! :/

smokeater13

Reaction score
How about spraying on some tractor paint, it is pretty cheap compared to car paint..... $30/ gal at supply house....

Where do you buy this paint from?? I'm thinking of painting my Tahoe soon and on a very tight budget.

Also, any pics of the plasti-dipped wheels or Tahoe's? Definitely would like to see!

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our local Farm and Home supply has tractor paint, I would try something like that. I havent gotten started on my body work yet. I currently have the top end off a 4.0l 94 Ranger that my father in law overheated..... Heads to go to machine shop shortly.....

2Canoes

Reaction score
I've had plasti-dipped wheels on my truck for over a year with no problems. I use bleche white and a tire brush on it. I read on another forum about issues with it being on a hood or roof and baking in the sun causing it to become tough to remove over time.

98_2DR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are some pics of my stock wheels that I plasti-dipped...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 20