Powder Coating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2001Yuke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I met the manager of Portland Powder Coat the other day at my car lot, we were talking outside and he saw my grille. He said that he would be able to powder coat it the flat black that Warn puts on their winches, I asked him about a gloss black and he said that it would look good for awhile BUT the clear coat would eventually chip off and look like crap. So I inquired about my wheels as well, he said that he could do the wheels for $30 a piece as long as I had the tires removed.

Now I have been thinking, do the grille gloss black and then get a billet insert have that done as well, do the running boards and the wheels in flat black. Get some black housing headlights and smoke LED tails.

Opinions??

Anything would look better than this!

CSRMarc

Reaction score
This maybe a dumb question, but isn't our grills plastic and our running a boards plastic overlay?
I And if so I never knew plastic was able to be powdercoated.

What you're wanting to do sounds like it would look good though.

The price on the wheels is and excellent price by the way.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Paint the grill flat black, powdercoat the wheels flat black, have the painter spray a few coats of flat black with clear over your tails. Remove running boards as well as front lower valance and paint your frame with some por-15.

chevyrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a good idea, but i would go with painting the wheels semi gloss. When you clean up your ride and shine up the tires your wheels will look very dull if they were painted flat black.

2001Yuke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Paint the grill flat black, powdercoat the wheels flat black, have the painter spray a few coats of flat black with clear over your tails. Remove running boards as well as front lower valance and paint your frame with some por-15.

Lower valance can go, I agree, BUT I have a 5'1" pregnant fiance that still needs to get in and out of this thing :) running boards need to stay. That Por15 stuff looks pretty interesting, I hadn't heard of it before. I will have to get that when I re-do my utility trailer.

Let's try this again:

Grille Surround: Paint Gloss Black (To Match Paint)
Billet Grille Insert: Powdercoat Flat Black
Lower Valance: Paint Gloss Black (To Match Paint)
Wheels: Powdercoat Flat Black
Tow Hitch/Reciever: Powdercoat Flat Black
Light Coat of Gloss Black on Tails
New Black Headlights UNLESS I can have the housings tinted

.50 Cal Machine Gun on Hydraulic Mount through Sunroof, Bulletproof Windows, Run Flat Tires, kevlar in the doors...You know, the usual :)