Power door locks inoperable in hot weather?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

douglasdouglasj

Reaction score
So I have a 99 Tahoe LS. I'm having all kinds of problems with the two front doors, the first of which is that, in hot weather, or when the sun warms up the drivers side door, when I try to unlock the door with the keyfob, the door tries to unlock, but cant. Back locks operate perfectly normal. When this happens, I have to go thru the back drivers side door, reach in and manually knlock the door, and there is a bit of force necessary to lift the lock lever on the door at this time. I can't unlock the door with a key, since apparently some little kids in the neighborhood decided to try to use a stick as a key, and the tip broke off in the lock cylinder, and cant fish it out. In any event, has anyone else had this issue? In cool weather, the lock works fine. I will say this though, after unlocking and locking the door with the power switch a few times in succession, the lock begins to have the same behaviour, as if it doesen't have the power available.

Slammed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not a motor it's an actuator

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has a DC motor in the "actuator", the motor on the "actuator" is bad, but call it what you want I guess....

douglasdouglasj

Reaction score
wonder if its the same problem I have on the passenger side? On that side, the inside door handle got pulled while trying to unlock the door, and now it wont unlock period. cant take the door panel off to look at anything.