Power Seats/Heater not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NVE THIS

Reaction score
I have a 2003 Yukon SLT. It has power/memory seats in the front both with seat heaters. It started as an intermittent problem, one night I got back in my yuk from stopping at the grocery store and the seat didn't return to it's normal position for Driver 1 when I got in the truck. The seat heater didn't work in either seat either. I drove it home and let it just sit over night. Got in the next morning and all was good, the power seat moved, the heaters worked, excellent.

A few days ago I got in my truck again and the dirvers power seat wouldn't work, didn't recall it's memory position either. I checked the seat heaters and both of them didn't work either. The passenger power seat functions normally though.

What can I check to fix this problem. My truck just went out of warranty, prolly by a few hundred miles, this was an extended warranty so I doubt they'll be ok with a few hundred miles over.

One small thing I noticed about a month before this problem happens, on the drivers seat, to rais the seat up, I had to press down on the front portion of the power seat switch and to lower down I had to raise up on the front portion of the power seat switch. Weird!!! Also, I've checked some fuses and such, none seem to be blown. I've checked the power seat fuse under the dash by the steering column, but it's a large 30A, I will get a replacement to see if that fixes it. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, I want my power seats back!!!!!

-Bryan

NVE THIS

Reaction score
Ok, I pulled the 30A fuse under the steering colum and the passenger seat movement stopped. I replaced the fuse and the passenger seat power movement worked again, so it's not the 30A power seat fuse. Please, anyone have any more ideas? I really want my seats fixed. Thanks.

-Bryan

Boliviakid

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 2003 Yukon XL - same exact thing happened. I'm searching for answers too. Did you ever find the problem? I'll probably take it in to the dealer this week because it's still under extended warranty.

Thanks!

Gnarax

Reaction score
I just happened to trip across this thread...

The exact same thing happened to my '04 Tahoe. The seat heaters and power controls would intermittently stop working. I finally narrowed the problem down to a short in the seat heating element. (The leather on the driver's seat is a bit worn and probably needs to be replaced. I believe that is where the element ultimately broke.)

Rather than replace the heating element (which you can do), I just unplugged the seat heaters. This has made the power seat controls work again, but I obviously no longer have heat.

BTW - To unplug the seat heaters look under the driver's side seat from the rear of the seat. (There is too much stuff under the seat to see it from the front.) On the right side, there should be a green plug. Disconnecting that will disable the seat heaters.

Good luck!
Mike

kgdecker

Reaction score
I actually read on a different thread a solution that actually worked for me. After having a broken seat for 6 months I simply reached under the driver seat and wiggled the harness (where it connects) while I had a friend hold the controls for the power seat. My problem was solved with a simple loose connection! Hope this helps for someone else out there

My passenger side motor makes a clicking noise (and doesn't recline) when I hit the recline button. I assume this is just a problem with the motor. Think its simply off "track" or does it need to be replaced?

Simon Ogden

Reaction score
Magic green plug!!
I just unplugged the green plug, power controls driver seat start working again. Plugged it back, seat heaters works as well as the power controls...

Will be interesting to see for how long

Thanks from Sweden :)