power steering pump replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mentos

Reaction score
Couple of months ago i felt my steering wheel was tight. We checked system pressure and it was not so good. The pressure in system has fallen. So I decided to replace the power steering pump.

I need some help to choose oem purt by GM. I have several partnumbers, but i don't know exactly which is approach or suitable (i don't know how is correctly)

And I've seen that the pumps is similar parts, not reservoirs. Just pumps. Can i buy only pump anywhere. Can you help me to solve this problem?

clkelley

Reaction score
Welcome to the neighborhood!

Yes, you can buy just the pump. What you need to do is this, call a dealer near you and give them your VIN, then ask for the GM part number for the Pump ONLY without the reservoir. Once you have that, take it to Carquest, Auto Zone, etc. and ask for just the pump. Just make sure when you change it that you get a good seal between the old reservoir and the pump and you should be alright.

Hope this helps.

Mentos

Reaction score
I tried to do this. But our dealers are not so good in this bisnes. They don't want to help, becouse it's making their bisnes fall down. Their prices on original parts is so big and it makes me looking for parts on eBay or any online shop, which ship to Russia.

An original pump in Moscow worth 300 usd and it's too much. I've found oem pump on eBay by 165 usd with shipping, but this pump made for 99 00 0102 Yukon and the seller doesn't know anything about Compatibility

And if pumps the same, I could replace only the pumps and present somebody the reservoir from new pump or sell it.

clkelley

Reaction score
Ok, I tell you what, send me a private message here on the forum or email me at [email protected] with your VIN# attached and I will find you a pump and see what I can do, I do some international orders and may be able to help you save some money and get the right part.