PPV Police Tahoe Shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

performance1985

Reaction score
Anyone know the package for the police version shocks? I have an 06 PPV and am trying to replace the shocks, but it's hard without know the OEM part numbers to cross-reference.

performance1985

Reaction score
Any one know the GM part #'s for these police version shocks?

I called a couple of dealers but they won't give up anything.

AC delco part numbers are fine.

performance1985

Reaction score
Thanks. The dealer kept trying to tell me that the PPV vehicles took special shocks and I could only get the through GM.

I know it's lowered, but I figured there had to be replacements available.

87gtNOS

Reaction score
these are the only shocks available from Delco and this is the same part the dealer sells. The Delco shocks with part # 540-___ are the OEM units.
There are other levels of quality of Delco shocks, but not for this application.

The dealer uses the long #'s for these shocks, not the 'delco' numbers....although the boxes will have both #'s on them!
frt 88965334
rear 88965335

jz57

Reaction score
Dealer gave you wrong info. Tahoe PPV OEM suspension is made by Monroe.

Go to Rock Auto:

Front 39106
Rear 911545

Thanks. The dealer kept trying to tell me that the PPV vehicles took special shocks and I could only get the through GM.

I know it's lowered, but I figured there had to be replacements available.

zmaga

Reaction score
I have a 2012 Tahoe PPV with 54K that came from a Constable in Texas. The only issue I have is that it I can feel every imperfection in the road. The jumpseat starts to vibrate, etc. I spoke with a few others who currently have one for patrol and they tell me theirs is smooth even though its a bit harder which is expected.

The tires were balanced, and the steering is tight and drives straight without any pull...

Are the parts the same for the 2012 PPV? Due to the amount of orange dust, it's possible this was driven on gravel roads possibly.

Any idea idea on part numbers and/or possible issue? Trying to become more knowledalge before I blindly take this in for analysis from a mechanic.

Thanks everyone for any help.

spectralen

Reaction score
I just bought a 2013 2wd PPV with 71,000 miles and have the same issues as zmaga.
The only thing I have read about these says the springs in the rear are shorter and tighter, and I think someone said the front strut spring is just stiffer. When I look up the front lower control mounts that the strut mounts to autozone lists the same part for a regular tahoe. I take that to mean that there is no elaberate lower componants other than a shock and spring swap.
I don't realy know, but I do know that I desparately need to soften this ride.:confused:

PPV-GUY

Reaction score
I have a 14’ PPV and the ride is definitely a lot more stiff. From my understanding the suspension is supposed to be when they are in a chase at high speeds it doesn’t sway and handles like a sports car and won’t flip over. This is from a cop that I asked. Just my 2cents