Programmer after a PCM tune?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thdrill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I have a PCM tune (not dynoed but a tune none the less) and was wondering if:

a) it were possible to use a programmer to adjust the tune settings?
b) would there be any benefit to using the programmer on top of the PCM tune?
3) would would those benefits be?
4) any suggestions of programmers?

Thanx

bparker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Negative, you will over write some/part or all of your tune if you use a power programmer. It will load its own tune program.

You could use a programmer still for things like tire sizes etc.. but I would just have whomever did your tune do it for ya.

thdrill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, was just wondering b/c I've noted that after I switched out the stock muffler with a Magnaflow :)thumbsup: ) that the rpms are back around where they were stock before the tune, with relation to speed. So I was wondering if that was just b/c of the more open muffler or if it is something I can have tuned back...or if it's even worth it.

Hawstly

Site Admin
Reaction score
Yea, an exhaust system isnt going to make you run rich or lean enough to require modifications to your tune. I mean it will give you some small gains but again nothing where you would want to go in and advance your timing a bit.

Thanks, was just wondering b/c I've noted that after I switched out the stock muffler with a Magnaflow :)thumbsup: ) that the rpms are back around where they were stock before the tune, with relation to speed. So I was wondering if that was just b/c of the more open muffler or if it is something I can have tuned back...or if it's even worth it.