Projector Headlights with Halo/Angel Eyes (2008 LTZ)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

punju

Reaction score
do you know how to do it? could you talk me through it so I know how to set it up?

jneal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol, not without some electronics training. :)

if you know anyone that is into electronics, tell them you need to install a set of diodes to isolate one light when the other is on.

this will essentially require two diodes pointing a certain way. one from the low beam to the halo and one from the DRL to the halo. The diodes will allow voltage to flow to the halo when a light is turned on but prevent it from flowing to the light if the other one is on.

see what I mean? :) a radio shack guy that is worth anything could show you. not the typical kid in a summer job, find the old guy that likes to play with HAM radios and stuff.

punju

Reaction score
Alright...I did you one better. I work with Electrical Engineers and figured, maybe I should just go ask them! haha! After a more detailed explanation that I probably needed, we all agreed that I should just pick to connect the Halos to either the Low Beam or the DRLs.

So...to make a long story short. I am going to connect the Red Wire for the Halos to the Low Beam (yellow wire) and the Blue Wire for the LEDs to the Blinkers (light red/pink wire).

I'll have some pictures up tonight or early tomorrow!

jneal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:thumbsup:

EE's will have your truck in little pieces all over the driveway in an effort to change a bulb :)

if it's not broiling when I get home I may do the same.

LaredoTexas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tap your halos to your parking lights and your leds to the head lights... then go get your camara and take pictures..

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im sold.........looks great man. How is the "cut off" line at night on the road?????

punju

Reaction score
yeah, I LOVE the look!! I definitely recommend them!

Truth be told there are several Types out there for the 07+ h0es. The one I chose I only found on eBay and looks REALLY similar to the OEM Headlights. The others look a lot different.

Just keep your eye out when you're looking to buy.

I don't really know what the cut off is...but the beam goes QUITE a bit further than the OEM.

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a picture of what I mean regarding cut off.....the stock headlights are all over the place. I was wondering if these cause a nice cut off line....like BMW and Acuras.

cutoffline.jpg

punju

Reaction score
Ah...I'll see if I can do it tonight...but I'm going out of the country tomorrow morning...it might have to wait til Sunday when I get back! I'll try my best.

hazer396

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OMG i've been looking at those for a while.. i wanted them for sooo long but never got the money.. i mean im only 16 and got fired in december so im making $0 and i just bought a grille for my 2007 LT3 and it looks so nice.. :)

jneal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks great I got mine wired up last night but blew a turn signal bulb in the process. I'll replace it and take some picks.

jneal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3101266_10_full.jpg

I dont have one with them lit up but thats what they look like. and they are bright too.

My halos are not as bright as I thought they would be though.

batter

Reaction score
Why wire led's to blinker? Why not wire halos to low beam and wire Led's to daytime. LED's stick out on the audi's with LED daytime lights?

Did you put HID's into high/low beam or just stick the OEM bulb's?

jneal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why wire led's to blinker? Why not wire halos to low beam and wire Led's to daytime. LED's stick out on the audi's with LED daytime lights?

Did you put HID's into high/low beam or just stick the OEM bulb's?

there are 3 led's on the side you really cant see in the pic. I felt they were obviously for blinking lights. you could wire them any way you want but I like them blinking.

In actuality I did end wire the halos to the low beams. I didnt realize before that the DRL and lows were seperate lights.

I didnt use HIDs on mine because they are bright enough and HIDs are too expensive to get just for the color IMO.

the OP may have wired his diff. he may chime in with what he set up.

jneal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i never said they werew brighter. I said they were bright enough. I dont need anything more attention getting than what I have.

yes I have had hids before.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
actully the proper way to wire them is in to your parking lights, all extra lights, since they put out less than 5 lumins, but in reality you can wire them where ever you want, I think its makes the most sense to wire them in to the parking lights, but the blinkers can be just as cool too.