Pros/Cons of dry vs. oiled-filter cold air intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bennettmayo

Reaction score
Looking at the Volant type, and not sure if I should go with the dry or the oiled type.

Thanks for your help.

bennettmayo

Reaction score
Anyone? I'm just waiting on some clarification on the difference so I can order one.

henchgt

Reaction score
some people have issues when they over oil. they gum up the MAF. If you oil properly expect no problems.

robbt

Reaction score
I have a 95' tahoe, and I put in a Volant unit, oil type. Have no problems. One point to make, They claim it does not fit the tahoe, but does fit the yukon. They are almost wrong. When I installed mine, it did not align well with the tbi. The hat and tube sat at an angle with the tbi so there was a small air gap between the hat and the tbi at one edge. Solution, I heated up the tube part with a propane torch, gradually so it did not burn the plastic, then when it was nice and soft i could bend it to fit. Mounted it while still soft and bendable now fits great. And if you have a tbi spacer or a spacer between the tbi and hat, you will have to bend it even more, as I had to.