question about keyless entry

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mross

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 96 hoe has keyless entry,is it normal to have to be on top of it with the key fob to get it to lock or unlock?is there a way to turn up the sensitivity on it?it is a factory add on system.any help would be great thanks

John Redcorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my grand prix has the same remote and works from 100' away, the tahoe only works from 10'-20' away with a new batt.

mross

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so it should work farther away than the 2 ft it does now

NYrr496

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an aftermarket remote starter and keyless entry on my 98. I start it from the train from approx. 250 feet away. I can lock and unlock it from the same distance.

inthechateau

Reaction score
I noticed the key fob distance getting shorter and shorter each year. New batteries don't help, the fob just dies. Both of mine are kaput now and am looking for a way to replace them. Don't want to steel you thread, but if you find something let us know.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a hornet security system in my 95 tahoe, and holy sh*t is the range insane.. i could do it about a mile away no joke.. ill start,unlock,lock that bitch from that far away.. its sweeet. and i just put a new battery in it so now its even faster at doing soo.

bsamoul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 96 did the exact same thing.. So I bought another fob off ebay. Did the same thing. I think the module on the truck is just no good. I then decided to get the Viper alarm/remote start installed and now I can do it from a 1/4 mile.

mross

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well,i popped the back off the fob to see what battery was in it and one was out of its holder,i put back in and now i can stand at my back door and lock and unlock it.thats good enough for me

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
some times having a remote tho that can go up to quite a bit of distance is scary, you put the fob back into your pocket and really dont know whats going on. Mine like chirps when u push buttons, but yet sometimes when your really not listening or whatever it can go off.. i like my distance so i can start my truck when im in school while the teacher is looking at me saying what the hell are u doing boy.. i just say oh not much starting my truck.. lol.. so when i get in my truck after school its all warm while everyones car is like 10 degrees in side.. lol