questions about new '07 Tahoe purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

martinr77

Reaction score
Greenage: All the information I have is the Denali only comes with the 3.42 gear ratio coupled with the AWD and 6 speed. I just went into the new 2008 GM Yukon site and it shows only available ratio a 3.42. Are you sure you have 4.10's in a Denali???

Good information - keep it coming! :thumbsup:

2008 Online Order / Reference Guide Select Another Division Select DenaliYukonYukon Commercial FleetYukon Denali and Yukon XL DenaliYukon

2008 Yukon Denali and Yukon XL Denali ENGINE/AXLE
S = Standard Equipment A = Available -- (dashes) = Not Available
= Included in Equipment Group = Included in Equipment Group but upgradeable

*Indicates availability of feature on multiple models. For example, it indicates feature availability on 2WD and 4WD Models or Rear wheel drive and All-wheel drive Models.

Transmissions Axles GVWR lbs. (kg)
Model Engine MYC
6-Speed
Automatic
Heavy-Duty GU6
3.42 C5Y
(3221) C6C
(3357)
TK10706 L92 Vortec 6.2L VVT V8 SFI S S S --
TK10906 L92 Vortec 6.2L VVT V8 SFI S S -- S

JRTV8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't see the Active Fuel Managment or DOD Displacement on Demand Engine for 08 Yukon Denali?

They already doing it for the Escalade for 08' I got this from Edmunds.

Starting in 2008, Cadillac will equip the Escalade with cylinder-deactivation technology (GM's Displacement on Demand) as well, which should further improve fuel mileage.

Greenage

Reaction score
Greenage: All the information I have is the Denali only comes with the 3.42 gear ratio coupled with the AWD and 6 speed. I just went into the new 2008 GM Yukon site and it shows only available ratio a 3.42. Are you sure you have 4.10's in a Denali???

You are right, it is the 3.42! I never paid attention to what the Denali had, just assumed that it had the 4.10 gear because on the LTZ Suburban, when you go to the 6.0 Liter, it is only available with the 4.10's. I wonder why the 6.0 requires the 4.10's, but the 6.2 is available with the 3.42?

dcovell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the 6.2 came with 4.10 gears you would get about 8 MPG and would be able to tow a house! I would be intrested to know what kind of MPG you get on the freeway at around 70 MPH.

martinr77

Reaction score
My guess is the 6 speed trans with the AWD is a nice fit with the 3.42's......

martinr77

Reaction score
Starting in 2008, Cadillac will equip the Escalade with cylinder-deactivation technology (GM's Displacement on Demand) as well, which should further improve fuel mileage

I just pulled up the Cadillac 2008 model information site and they do not list the cylinder-deactivation noted above - just the standard 6.2 as last year - same hp and torque specs. I looked at the extended version also - so, Edmunds must be mistaken....OR, it will come out later in the model year.
http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/do...regionID=1&divisionID=5&vehicleID=4656&type=0

Greenage

Reaction score
If the 6.2 came with 4.10 gears you would get about 8 MPG and would be able to tow a house! I would be intrested to know what kind of MPG you get on the freeway at around 70 MPH.

LOL! Well, the 6.0 with 4.10's is rated at 377hp and I believe 14/18 mpg. The 3.42's with the 6.2 must have something to do with the 6 speed transmission.

jimjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No Active Fuel Management on the 08 Escalade. Here the changes for 08. Interesting the change from the bench to cupholders. So you can carry two more cupholders instead of the passengers. Nice feature. :D Further below the changes for the 'hoe. In fact no real changes but the deletion of the cargo shade. Glad I have one.

Escalade

New Features
Exterior color (46U) Stealth Gray
Exterior color (80U) Infrared. Available at extra charge.
(PDW) V8 Ultra Luxury Collection (Navigation, Rear Camera, IntelliBeam headlamps, Heated/Cooled Seats, Heated Steering Wheel, Power Release 2nd row seat, 22" Wheels.
New Key Fob design
"Dome Off" lettering on lamp controls

Changes
All rear badging changes to "Escalade" and will be located on the lower right of the liftgate. Side door badging will not change.
PRNDL LED indicator changes from Green to Red on "D", "N" and "M" designations
Power liftgate switch graphic changes fron "O" to "OFF"
Second row bench storage changes to twin cupholders
Front console, rear Auxiliary Power Outlet (APO) articulating cover/chrome ring will be replaced by non-chrome tether APO cover
Cubbyhole to the left of the headlamp knob is currently flocked; flocking will be replaced by a rubber map

Tahoe
Chevrolet Truck Tahoe

Deletions
(RYJ) cargo shade (will be available through GM Accessories)
(26U) Bermuda Blue Metallic exterior color
(53U) Amber Bronze Metallic exterior color
(63U) Sport Red Metallic exterior color

New Features
(46U) Blue Granite Metallic exterior color
(66U) Deep Ruby Metallic exterior color
(PDD) Convenience Package 1, includes (JF4) power-adjustable pedals, (AP3) remote vehicle starter system and (UD7) Rear Parking Assist (available only on 1LS and 1LT)
(PDD) Convenience Package 2, includes (XA7) heated windshield washer fluid system, (CE1) Rainsense front intermittent wipers and (E61) power liftgate with liftglass (available only on 3LT)

Changes
(AE7) front 40/20/40 split-bench seat with Custom Cloth has been replaced with (AZ3) front 40/20/40 split-bench seat with Custom Cloth and covered storage areas
(ASF) head curtain side-impact air bags are standard on all models
Turn-by-Turn Navigation is standard on LT and LTZ models