Rear bowtie...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blk2k6gun

Reaction score
Can the rear bowtie on a 2008 Tahoe be removed without leaving any holes? Is it just 3M taped on there? Thanks...

scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No sir. You can buy a GMC Yukon replacement and have it painted to match. I just bought one from a site member with factory camera on it. It matches my black but has some scratches on it, so I am having it resprayed since I am having other paint work done.

You have to disassemble inside tailgate plastics to get it off.

blk2k6gun

Reaction score
Man that stinks! I've taken every bit of the lettering and body side molding off of my Tahoe. The only things left are the front and rear bowties. Thanks for the info...I was just about to rip the bowtie off. Thanks for saving me the headache...

keala

Reaction score
i believe i saw it in a truckin' issue when the 07's came out. i think they used a heat gun on the gold part and simply peeled the gold away. what you are left with is an all chrome bowtie. i'm not to sure if that is what you are settling for but it beats having to paint another replacement that you would have to buy. the gold bowtie is held on by glue. after you take it off it will have a litlle recessed area where the gold part was. from what i seen in the magazines photos, it looked pretty clean.

CIATAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just color match the rear.........

tahoe_04.jpg

scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey CIATAHOE: Did you nightshade your taillights?? How many coats, looks good?