removing the roof-rack on 04 z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KeepYahGuessing

Reaction score
I have an 04 Z71 tahoe...has any ever removed the roof-rack? i want to do it bc i have no need for it an it will clean up the look of the truck. my question is anything to do with the holes left other then incert gromets? i dont want any leaks...any one with experience with this please chime in

thanks

chrias

Reaction score
Buy 1 inch wide body side molding and run it along the roof to cover the holes. I did that to my Suburban.

hawk82

Reaction score
Do you still have this roof rack? If so, I would like to buy the rear drivers side cap. The rounded piece on the end of the rack. PLease let me know as soon as you can. And tahnk you for your time.

0352Marine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
keepyaguessing

Let me know if you find out anything as I would like to do this as well, but make it look professional as well.

hawk82

Reaction score
Let me know if you guys remove your racks... I have a need for a part. Thanks all.

0352Marine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update I removed my roofrack about 3 months ago and it looks awesome. I went the the hardware store and bought some smaller (length) stainless screws and some rubber washers. Put some loctite sealer on the screws and installed them with the black rubber washers. Looks alot better and no leaks at all. and I go to the car wash all the time.

csouther

Reaction score
Need a part from your old rack...

I am looking for the passenger side rear cap. If any of you that have removed your rack wouldn't mind selling me your let me know. I'm having a hard time finding one from somewhere other than the dealer.

0352Marine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking for the passenger side rear cap. If any of you that have removed your rack wouldn't mind selling me your let me know. I'm having a hard time finding one from somewhere other than the dealer.

Sorry not for sell. Keeping mine for a road trip

exxxtrem

Reaction score
i just took mine off today. im going to look for some black pan head screws to match my dark truck. would like to have the holes covered and painted but that will be a pretty penny

SWTZ71

Reaction score
i just took mine off today. im going to look for some black pan head screws to match my dark truck. would like to have the holes covered and painted but that will be a pretty penny
don't forget to put clear silicone on the threads when you put them back in..