Repairing 2006 Tahoe Right Side Mirror Frame

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RichSNJ

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a 2006 Tahoe LT with Power Folding, Power, Puddle light mirrors.

Even though I folded it first, I whacked the side of the garage bringing it in and shattered the plastic frame under the mirror. The mirror and the casing of the mirror itself is fine, but the plastic which mounts to the side of the door is broken.

I've got it epoxying right now, but I'm not optimistic as to how well it will hold up, so I'm exploring my options.

I've discovered that the mirrors I have will cost over 200 dollars if I want to outright replace it, while the manually folding mirrors I can get for around 25-35 dollars.

I've got the mirror broken down now so that the "top" part of the mirror (the swiveling part) is separated from the bottom part, and I am confident that I can just swap out the plastic broken part, but my question is whether or not the cheaper manually folding plastic part is the same on both the manual mirrors as the power folding ones.

The pictures of them assembled look the same, but has anybody ever taken them apart and knows whether they really are the same part before I toss the 35 bucks on the part that won't work?

Thanks very much!