Resetting the ABS light?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97srad750

Reaction score
I have a 95. I haven't been a situation to see if the ABS is working. It's stops fine. I hate looking at the light, it sticks out like a booger on someones nose. Is there anyway to reset it, or cut it off manually?

bsamoul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 95. I haven't been a situation to see if the ABS is working. It's stops fine. I hate looking at the light, it sticks out like a booger on someones nose. Is there anyway to reset it, or cut it off manually?

You could pop the dash stuff out, and take out the gauges and yank the bulb for that light.. That'd be the easiest solution!

97srad750

Reaction score
Yeah I may have to. The shop just said there is no type of code that pops up, and that in order to find it it would be a trial and error type deal.

97srad750

Reaction score
Did you clean the ABS sensors? Have you flashed your comoputer?

I don't know how to flash the computer. I just picked it up from the shop, and he told me it wasn't the sensors it was something that would take searching. He said it could take several hours, and there was now way of giving an accurate estimate. So rather then spending a lot of cash I'll just have to look at the light.

79powerwagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know the proper procedure for flashing, but what you are doing is clearing the computer of it's fault codes. On my Explorer, it is removing the negative battery terminal, turn on the lights (to remove residual power), wait at least 10 minutes, turn off lights, hook battery back up, drive for 20 minutes of city stop-n-go driving, then 20 minutes of highway cruising. Then after 5 or so run/stop cycles, the computer will be cleared, and if the sensors are bad, will issue a new, fresh code for the scanner.

Again, I don't know GM's procedure to do the same thing...yet...

Five

Reaction score
All you have to do do is disconnect the battery for about 15-20 mins and it will clear all codes the light might come back on though after a awhile if the problem is still there. i would check your sensors on the front hubs sometimes they crack and come loose but you can't tell untill you give um a closer inspection.