scratch and dent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melroy

Reaction score
How many miles (or long did you have your suv) before you noticed the first big scratch or dent? Your fault or someone elses? Did you get fixed or just left it? My first scratches happened at around 7000 miles (bought brand new with 150 miles on it) My fault. I went on a muddy trail and had a little fun and slid out and hit some pretty thick brush. i scratched the front bumper up. Most of it buffed out but there's still a reminder on the bumper. Gives a little character to the hoe

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 1/4" little scratch on my bumper for hitting a shrub, haven't fixed it but will soon!

LVYUKYUK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Melroy,

Those type of scratches are okay. If you are off road, those are just nature's pin stripes!! I don't have dents or a scratch yet, but I have a blemish in the paint from the factory. Only I have noticed it so far, so it makes it mine! It's a 2wd so no nature stripes for me, at least...on that one! :D

1stimeyukon

Reaction score
i picked my yukon up from the dealer with 101 miles on it and noticed 3 dents in it the enxt morning. i picked the truck up at like 9 o clock at night so i missed it in the dark. but the next morning i was furious. but the dealer pretty much told me to go screw myself and that i prolly did it that night. 1 in the hood 1 on the back left door and back left panel in between door and the back glass

Daryl

Reaction score
I bought the 07 last August with 15K. It had a few small dings, so small that I can't even remember where they were. My wife found them. There is one blemish in the paint from the factory, where something got in the paint, or was on the surface when it got painted. About the size of a pencil tip, over the drivers rear wheel well. The truck now has 22K, and I just noticed last week that there are some surface scrattches near the gas cap door. Something rubbed up against itt and left some wavy scratches. You have to be in the right llight to see them , but they're there. Funny thing, is that they're close to where the factory paint blemish is! My brother works at a body shop up north, so i'll have him rub them out when we're up there this summer.

DofD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got one rock chip on the roof about 3mm in diameter. Car in front of me went through a bunch of gravel and I couldn't avoid the oncoming projectile. It'll be fixed as soon as the touch-up paint kit arrives.

Edit: The rock chip happened two weeks after I picked it up.

Last edited:

08Zed71

Reaction score
I have a story for this.....08 Tahoe was five days old with maybe 250 miles. I'm at the top of a long, steep hill...waiting for the car in front of me to turn. On my old SUV, the engine speed would hold it in place without using the brake. The Tahoe will roll backwards. So, I'm messing with the Sat radio and by the time I notice I'm rolling backwards I tag the gal behind me on the hill. Minor scraps to each of us but she said don't worry about it.

Now for the best part....after I rolled back, I put the emergency brake on to go talk with her. She tells me don't worry about anything and I get back in the car. For the life of me, I cannot find the release for the brake. I start to wonder if you push the brake down again - no. What about auto release by putting it in drive? - no. I call the dealer, no answer. It's a winding road and cars are backing up as far down the hill as I can see. I freak out. I'm about to have a panic attack. Finally, I find the release (right where you'd expect it) and pull away.

It was a nice slice of humble pie for this cocky guy. This incident made me feel like I was 95 years old!

Vrrooom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had the worst luck with the Tahoe in this case. I've never had people run into any of my other cars (over 20 and counting). Not so with the Tahoe...

4 months after owning it, parked it in front of my house on the street and someone hits the driver side rear door. Big dent and scratches.

Mother's day (another month or so after the first incident), some guy in a Nissan Altima rear ends me at a red light, more scratches in the back left corner of the bumper. His car was pretty destroyed.

A few months later, yet again, parked at a shopping center and the front left corner of my bumper was white and scratched up. Someone swiped the car and kept going.

I've had it just a year in January.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i picked my yukon up from the dealer with 101 miles on it and noticed 3 dents in it the enxt morning. i picked the truck up at like 9 o clock at night so i missed it in the dark. but the next morning i was furious. but the dealer pretty much told me to go screw myself and that i prolly did it that night. 1 in the hood 1 on the back left door and back left panel in between door and the back glass

I would raise holy hell with that dealer. Dont back down. :cool:

What ******* dealers.

RyanbabZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4200 miles currently. Took a rock to the front bumper small chip.

When I got my 2000 Silverado (factory order) I drove to a wedding a wk after I got it. Came out I was the only car in the lot across the way and I notice the light his the rear fender/flare funny go look and there was a nice scratch and dent about 4 inches long and an inch wide. The platic flare had a chunk out of it . Never knew what happened. Then on our way home a semi blew a tire while I was next to him luckily it went under my truck and hit the skid plate. I have a large black rubber mark on the skid plate. They are made for something. That was in the 1st 500 mls.

gbleezy

Reaction score
When my Tahoe was only 3 months old, I went to a club in SF and parked in a paid public lot. Now there's a scratch and dent in the lower part of the right rear door. I only noticed it when walking to the car the next morning at home.

melroy

Reaction score
I've had the worst luck with the Tahoe in this case. I've never had people run into any of my other cars (over 20 and counting). Not so with the Tahoe...

4 months after owning it, parked it in front of my house on the street and someone hits the driver side rear door. Big dent and scratches.

Mother's day (another month or so after the first incident), some guy in a Nissan Altima rear ends me at a red light, more scratches in the back left corner of the bumper. His car was pretty destroyed.

A few months later, yet again, parked at a shopping center and the front left corner of my bumper was white and scratched up. Someone swiped the car and kept going.

I've had it just a year in January.

man, that's some crappy luck for only having a year. maybe this year will be better for ya

nc6600

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 02' only has a few rock chips with 92k on it.:) When i bought it she had 65k and several dings and scratches(nothing major.)My moms 08' Burban has 6k and one scratch above the suburban badge that the dealer put in it during service. They attempted to fix it but did a $hit!y job and basically said its good enough for us so screw off.

Yukon Joe XL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today after the car wash found a 12" vertical scratch by the right rear window. I'm not blaming the car wash...i'm blaming my wife.
She took the kids skiing this past weekend in PA. When she gets home i'm gonna interrogate her. My guess is her brother ...the one with the ski's, put them on the roofrack ,and dropped them on the side scratching it. Wouldn't have happened if he ever took his own car:cuss:
I only noticed it after the mud,salt etc... was cleaned off today.
I have some other small scratches in places that appear magically after my wife uses it:zav:
When the weather gets warmer i'll have to do a good waxing.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha wives, can't live with them or without them!!!
Get th scrathes touched up, I will get like the only three I have touched up in the summer!