Seafoam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bald Jerry

Reaction score
I use Seafoam in everything I own... Will it quiet a noisy lifter? Not sure on that but I do from time to time add it in my oil at about 500 before an oil change to let it clean out the motor.

I use it in the fuel every oil change I do...

Gas mileage is awesome and not sure if their has ever been a poll on here, but with my 2005 Tahoe when I go on vacation and set the cruise control at 72MPH I am just breaking over 20MPG still with just over 75k on it. Sticker says 18, but on the next fill up doing the math I am getting that... I do use and have been using full synthetic oil since the break in when I dumped the oil at 500 miles. Did the usual to the truck with things breaking, but motor still sounds great and hoping to get another 75K on it

Casheis

Reaction score
2002 Z-VIN Tahoe (ex-ICE)

I SeaFoamed the entire under hood components when I first got this vehicle. It had 120,000 miles on it and although Service vehicles a fairly we'll maintained. I figured why not.

Added to crankcase, fuel tank and removed brake booster vac line poured the rest in there and was truly impressed with the results.

P.S. SeaFoam everything!

samotahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bringing this thread back hahaha. I have been experiencing some cold start noise also. Ive been looking at service bulletins and there a bulletin about the noise caused from carbon build up on the pistons. When you sea foam with the booster line to engine that should solve that issue.

However there is another service bulletin that I came across that might help some people out here. There is a seal between the oil pickup and pump. That seal gets torn or cracked and looses a lil pressure apparently.

Im going to sea foam my Tahoe since its been a while and my Tahoe sits for extended periods of time. But if that doesn't work, looks like im going to be dropping my oil pan to see how bad it really is......