Security System Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phillipswt

Reaction score
I have the same issue on a 2002 Tahoe. The car started up and I notice the all the gauges flickering and the security light flashing, the battery light and check fuel light lit. Also with that the fuel gauge reads empty when the tank is 1/2 full. I drove the car home and turned it off and went back out and try to start it and would start and die after 1-2 seconds. I performed the 3 - 10 minute cycle of the switch on for 10 minutes with out starting the car and off for 5 seconds. The security light never quit flashing, the battery light and low fuel light lit with fuel gauge reading empty, but car will start. I am at wits end need help to go further. All help is appreciated.

phillipswt

Reaction score
Security System Issues

I have the same issue on a 2002 Tahoe. The car started up and I notice the all the gauges flickering and the security light flashing, the battery light and check fuel light lit. Also with that the fuel gauge reads empty when the tank is 1/2 full. I drove the car home and turned it off and went back out and try to start it and would start and die after 1-2 seconds. I performed the 3 - 10 minute cycle of the switch on for 10 minutes with out starting the car and off for 5 seconds. The security light never quit flashing, the battery light and low fuel light lit with fuel gauge reading empty, but car will start. I am at wits end need help to go further. All help is appreciated.

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2002 Tahoe would be the newer body style forum this is 94-2000..... :) There is a big difference in the electronics between these two body styles....

phillipswt

Reaction score
Security System Issues

rockenthebowtie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds possibly like the body control module, also might want to check the ground wire behind the cylinder head on passenger side grad a hold of it right there where bolted to the head and wiggle it if it breaks off that there could very well be the problem