Self leveling feature??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07TahoeLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there an option or anything that will make the '07 Tahoes sit level (front and back of Tahoe sitting level when running) or do they all have the rear end sticking up higher than the front end?

07TahoeLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Smooth ride?

The LT3 I have a quote for has Smooth Ride (ZW7)...what is this? I believe it is different than the auto ride option. Thanks

rod456

Reaction score
You can get Auto Level control, but all that does is raise the rear end if it sags due to passengers or a trailer. They sit high. Your only option is to either lower or add aftermarket air bags with auto level control. Auto Ride/Smooth ride is real time shock damping that automatically softens or firms up the shock valves based on road conditions, it does work nicely. Had it on my 04 Denali, but not available on the Z71's. I miss both AutoLevel and AutoRide control, if I had it to do over I would have gotten an LTZ or another Denali, oh well maybe next year.

07TahoeLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IS auto ride and smooth ride the same thing?

You can get Auto Level control, but all that does is raise the rear end if it sags due to passengers or a trailer. They sit high. Your only option is to either lower or add aftermarket air bags with auto level control. Auto Ride/Smooth ride is real time shock damping that automatically softens or firms up the shock valves based on road conditions, it does work nicely. Had it on my 04 Denali, but not available on the Z71's. I miss both AutoLevel and AutoRide control, if I had it to do over I would have gotten an LTZ or another Denali, oh well maybe next year.

Are they the same, just different name or are they different?