Shocks Help!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blackbeauty99

Reaction score
I need to get some new shocks, however the ones i have on there came with the lift that i installed on my truck and in the front each shocks have a large dent in them from the A-arm (as you can see in the picture) I donno why they are like that and if i plan on getting new shocks i dont want to spend the money and have them dented up in the same way. Do i have to cut and reweld the shock bracket out of the way of the A-arm or what? Any help here would be great!! thanks...

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 6
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 3

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like you got driver and passenger side shocks mixed up.....

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was being facetious, usually shocks from one side to the other are the same, IIRC the boot is usually on the top....... :)

clkelley

Reaction score
I honestly wouldn't know how to fix that, I have never messed with lift kits much, but I will forward this to Norcal SS as he does this kind of stuff for a living.

Blackbeauty99

Reaction score
I honestly wouldn't know how to fix that, I have never messed with lift kits much, but I will forward this to Norcal SS as he does this kind of stuff for a living.

Thanks man I really appreciate that a lot all the help would be great I reall need those new shocks lol

Andrew99Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shock boots are normally on the bottom end of the shock. So I believe those are on upside down. Ill take some pictures of mine so you can see the difference.

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine dont have boots, but the old ones had a steel shaft on the top and the mounts were different bottom/ top....

Blackbeauty99

Reaction score
Shock boots are normally on the bottom end of the shock. So I believe those are on upside down. Ill take some pictures of mine so you can see the difference.

Thanks I would have never thought of pitting them upside down, do you have a smooth ride either way? And your upper a-arms isn't close to bending them?

Andrew99Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First three are from the right,passenger, side. the last two are from the driver side all looking down.

Attachments

• IMAG0625.jpg
    IMAG0625.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMAG0626.jpg
    IMAG0626.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMAG0627.jpg
    IMAG0627.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMAG0628.jpg
    IMAG0628.jpg