Show your aftermarket tail lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tahoegold

Reaction score
How about what you have done to the tail of your Tahoe? I'm thinking about LED tail lights.:cool:

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am too.....wanna see what they look like first. I see them for 299.00 w/free shipping on internet.
Either those or the '07 Subn clear tails.
Only thing I've done so far is Hitch cover.

tahoegold

Reaction score
I am too.....wanna see what they look like first. I see them for 299.00 w/free shipping on internet.
Either those or the '07 Subn clear tails.
Only thing I've done so far is Hitch cover.

What brand are they and do you have a link or the item number so I (we) can check 'em out?

My other mods so far are RaceMesh Grilles, 8000K HID's, OEM Hitch Cover, TIS 22" / Toyo Tires,.....................

vkuber

Reaction score
I have them, and I just blacked them out also. I washed the car this morning and its been sitting in the parking garage, so ill get my camera tomorrow and get some pictures for you guys. Had the car for less then a week, and in one day I did quite a bit. Intake, tint, front headlight corners tinted, smoked the tail lights, and installed the Kenwood Deck. Not trying to hype it up, but I am seriously in love with what you can do with this vehicle. Talk to you guys tomorrow, cheers.

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Zzzz

Reaction score
vkuber.... how did you tint the front corners and smoke your tail lights?

raiderrick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i found them on ebay they look like oem only difference is the led lights i just purchased a pair will add pictures once i put them on!

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do they make yours with a slight tint?

The ruby red ones like I have are slightly darker red than the factory tails, but after considering tinting the third brake light to match, I've decided that it looks fine in just about any lighting, and in the evening / night, of course you cant tell at all. If IPCW makes a ruby red third brake light in the future that matches, I'll get it, but I'm leaving "well enough" alone for now. ;) They make three other colors: clear/chrome, smoke, & black.

WHEELMAN322

Reaction score
The ruby red ones like I have are slightly darker red than the factory tails, but after considering tinting the third brake light to match, I've decided that it looks fine in just about any lighting, and in the evening / night, of course you cant tell at all. If IPCW makes a ruby red third brake light in the future that matches, I'll get it, but I'm leaving "well enough" alone for now. ;) They make three other colors: clear/chrome, smoke, & black.

Thanks...I took a better look at the website after I posted. I like the way yours look so i'll probably get them. Are they direct plug and play? And where did you order from?

Last edited:

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Simple install

Yup. Direct plug and play -- you'll remove the upper two bulbs and connect the new tail connector (paying attention to polarity), and install/twist them into their sockets on the new housings. You'll also retain your factory reverse lamps, but you could install super-white LEDs at this point if you wanted... I kept the incandescent ones because white LED light output isn't great yet, and being able to see while backing up at night is VERY important to me. If the install takes more than 10 minutes per side, you're probably making it more complicated than it is... ;)

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, by the way, did you ever get some nice hi-res pics of your cleaned-up truck? I'd still love to see that "Dark Slate" color! It's probably covered in snow and road crap at the moment, like mine, eh? ;)

HofB99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you'll remove the upper two bulbs and connect the new tail connector (paying attention to polarity), and install/twist them into their sockets on the new housings.

Just curious as to what happens if the polarity isn't correct? Would the lights still work?

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll have my IPCW LED's installed by next week. Will post pix then along with a few other exterior mods I've done.