So There's a Ghost in my Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im driving to work this morning and I was sitting at the end of the offramp, about to turn left.
I begin my turn and Im about thru the intersection, when all of my door locks suddenly went to the 'locked' position.
Im like "dude what?" to myself and I take a look at my knee, to make sure didnt hit the fob or somthing and lock them. Looked fine, nothing amiss.
About 20 yards later IT HAPPENS AGAIN.
SO now I'm a little freaked out. I turn off all the other things in the truck that are running, radio, heat, lights etc.
A mile later, 'click' it happend again. Shortly after that I arrived at work, and that alone was probably the worst portion of the day... :)

The only weird thing that I can think of is it realllly rained last night and I have a condensation problem or something. Can a bad battery in the fob make this happen?
This ever happen to any of you guys?

Pete

yukondoit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick call the ghostbusters!:eek: Jk man. Nope i have no idea what may be causing that to happen.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nothing compared to my deville (like 12 years old, my clunker that gets good gas, not worth the money to fix) but i can be driving along and all of a sudden EVERY LIGHT FLASHES exterior and interior, even the dash lights, then it says AIR BAG ERROR AIR BAG ERROR, then THEFT DETURANT CAR MAY NOT RESTART, then just shuts everything off except for the engine and power brakes and steering, i guess so a theif is not comfortable. but its funny i think. i pull over put it in park and restart it and everything is fine. the other thing it does is the traction control will work when ever it wants too, the brakes start to pump and it pulls to the left and right,w hen im on dry roads. its all really funny.

not sure whats wrong other than it might be your trucks way of saying it wants a whole new 572 chevrolet in it. :smilielol:

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, its weird. Ill try to remember if it happens again.

HHAHAHAaaaa RT and now the horns. I read that horns thread earlier... nice.

SmothZ71

Reaction score
About two months ago I was leaving my girlfriends house, flying down the interstate, trying to get home before it started pouring down rain. Suddenly my interior lights started flickering, my doors locked then unlocked, and my hatch glass popped open, right as it started to pour down rain. I pulled over and shut it, it popped open again and the lights kept flickering. After I shut it the second time I turned the truck off and cranked it back up, everything was fine. No problems since then...

GMCYukalade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds almost like the jumpers are being crossed - pins 4 and 8 in the data link port - if you jump these two your doors will lock and unlock, and if you have a hatch it should pop (this is also how you program your remote fob...)

johnnybubu

Reaction score
dude, I am glad this is happening to someone else, I thought I was loosing it! The first two times it happened I was not in the car...but the keys were. After saying "I know I did not lock it" (as well as alot of bad words) I used my extra key and every thing was fine, then one day.. driving down the road lock, unlock, lock unlock, about four times. I can never leave my keys in the ignition for fear of locking them in. I have no idea what is causing this, but at least it's not just me. I will keep an eye on this post, and let you know if I figure anything out.