Speedometer problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wongs83

Reaction score
Traveling down the interstate yesterday and just keeping up with traffic, I noticed my speedometer said 120 mph! When I got off the interstate and came to a stop the speedometer only drops down to 50 mph. It seems to be working, but it starts at 50 mph! All other gauges including the odometere seem to be working fine.
Anyone else have this problem or have a fix it solution?

2007 Tahoe with 40,000 miles

Stretch

Reaction score
i have the same problem with my tahoe. I had a silverado before and it did the same thing. i think i had to take it to the dealership and have it fixed. did you ever find a solution...??

wongs83

Reaction score
As I mentioned the first day it would only go down to 5o mph. The next day I get in it and drive and the speedometer works, but now only drops to 40. As the day went on and I got in and out of the truck, each time it would go down a little further. After 3 days it was back to starting at zero and is now fine and has been for about 3 days.

Don't figure

Wise87

Reaction score
Is there a solution for the speedometer problem? My 2005 Tahoe started doing the same thing as posted at the top. I was on the interstate when all of a sudden I’m reading 120 mph. When I came to a stop, it rested at 50 mph.

Wise87

Reaction score
Problem solved. Dealer replaced my instrument panel. I had 46K miles, no extended warranty and they didn't charge me a dime. It's nice to know some dealers still take care of the customers.