Stabilatrack problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G Girl

Reaction score
I drive an '07 Yukon XL, FLex Fuel and keep having the 'stabilatrack off' indicator light come on. It started almost a year ago when I was at a stop; the light would come on and the truck would shift hard when we finally moved. The light now sometimes comes on while driving. It's been to the dealer several times and if the lights not on, they can't do anything. Finally, the check engine light came on with the stabilatrack (both went off the next day) and the dealer said they could check for a code. Well, their answer is a gasket; needs to be replaced. I've read previous discussions about the fuel. I live in Az and in winter we change to an ethanol mix, but the dealer never mentioned this as a possible cause. I don't know what to think. Anyone with a similar problem? The truck is now out of warranty by the way.

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
Your dealer is blowing smoke up your but. I would recommend you using another GM dealer.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stabiltrak system has nothing, zero, to do with with your engine or the fact that here in AZ they add ethonal to the gas. the stabiltrak system montiors your driving, suspension system, rate of wheel spin and ensures you don't spin out of control during normal driving. the stabiltrak system will reduce engine power it feels you are about to spin out of control or if one tire is spinning faster than the other. If your stabiltrak light comes on then goes away I would not worry about it. Now if it comes on and the ABS light also comes on, then unfornately you will have to take it to the dealership for repair. I have a lifted tahoe and my stabiltrak light comes on all the time especially when I take a corner too fast but then it goes away after it flashes a few times.

As far ethonal in gas here in AZ it should not be a problem with your Yukon, it was made to run on Ethonal 85 (E85) or plain old regular gas.

Poe1983

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds like you have an electrical problem that has been occuring to many from the 07's and up. Had a similar problem after having my new LTZ for 2 weeks. Computer went crazy. Usually the check engine light is the truck indicating to you that there's a code that needs to be fixed. I remember when the stabilititrak would turn off during the computer crazy time, I also would get that "thump" when I would start driving after being stopped. It's an electrical issue.

G Girl

Reaction score
The repair

The dealer's explaination was that air was entering via a broken gasket, not just thru the intake valve and that was causing the problem so they replaced the gaskets. Since Monday, the light hasn't come on (I'm holding my breath). About the electrical possibility, there have been a few times the lights have flicked off and on. Could that be related?