StabiliTrak light and ABS light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JCPYLON

Reaction score
I just bought a 2007 Chevy Tahoe 183k miles. right away the StabiliTrak light came on, along the ABS light. Plus at times the Cruise Control won't work.
Strange, these condition happen on and off. Drive for about and hour, the CC works, park for a few hours the StabiliTrak and ABS light don't come on, but will come on the next day.
I bought the car Tahoe from Carmax?? I have an appointment with there service department (30 day warranty) but, I wonder if Carmax can/will fix the problem, buy sending it to a Chevrolet dealer (they know how-to) and pay whatever it cost to fix-it.
Any feed back will be appreciated

fletch57

Reaction score
Service Stabilitrak and ABS

I just bought a 2007 Chevy Suburban and the same thing is happening (not the cruise contro issue though), so I am seeking more information and help also!

nath

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you guys figure it out?

My "Service 4 WD" is messaging on my odometer screen as well as my Stabiltrack dummy light is coming on. I push the stabiltrack button to turn it off and push my od read out button and the messages go away. I had the oil changed at a garage and they said they checked all the fluids in the drivetrain 4wd and topped them off. they said their computer reader will not shut off or stop the "service 4wd soon" message and it must be a sensor or a message triggered at mileage. ( i have 65k on it). I know right its a 2007 LS 4wd Tahoe with leather seats from the factory and It really is my drive to church on sundays or take on vacation vehicle. We obviously go nowhere. lol!! But back to the Q did yall find out what the deal is?

Boogrr537

Reaction score
These trucks come with a sensor on the shock and an air pump. The abs and stability track come on then the sensors stop working or the shocks go bad . i changed the shocks out on my truck and the Stabilitytrack light went off now its just my ABS but i went to AUTOZONE and they told me exacly wich ABS sensor is bad so after changing that thats it for the ABS light autozone wants $76 for the sensor found it online for $50. Just point in the right direction

Boogrr537

Reaction score
The brake light switch is about a 5 min task one cable connector and a clip that holds it in place happy hunting lol

Boogrr537

Reaction score
If you go to your local Autoparts store i went to AUTOZONE they diagnosed wich ABS sensor was bad rear driver side after turning on the teuck the light still stayed on but soon as i drove about 30 feet the lights went off. Id say have the autoparts store check the sensors for ya free

NathT

Reaction score
Sensor Stabil Track/service 4wd

what was the outcome of the brake light switch replacement?

Man I changed the brake light switch and it did absolutly nothing. So im going to try to check the sensor thing. It seems like I get one problem fixed and bam!! Something else goes bad... Oh well its a labor of love (and money) lol!!

NathT

Boogrr537

Reaction score
Man I changed the brake light switch and it did absolutly nothing. So im going to try to check the sensor thing. It seems like I get one problem fixed and bam!! Something else goes bad... Oh well its a labor of love (and money) lol!!

I ended up replacing the rear shocks with the original parts due to the after marker ones giving out to much trouble... If replacing with after market shock for the rear THEY MUST BE THE SAME LENGTH AS THE ORIGINALS and thats why the STABILITRAK light came on, the first after market i placed the truck sat ower in the rear by almost 2 inches and the truck was off center and i did had to replace one ABS sensor so far so good