Starting issue 2000 Gmc Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PrincessSarah39

Reaction score
Ok so here's the deal...last week while driving my battery light, ABS and seat belt light came on a few seconds. Next morning went out to start it up...dome light on, security light flashed etc...put key in the ignition and it dinged cause my door was open...went to turn the key everything went dead! No dome light no nothing...no starter click nothing. Hubby replace the alternator and charged the battery (battery not that old). Been starting no problem for 4 days now until this morning. Went out to start it and everything was fine dome light on, ding when a put key in as my door was open...turn key and boom everything dead! Hubby goes out with his keys put battery charger on it for maybe 5 mins and it started right no problems. Help please!

Bowtieguy

Reaction score
It sounds like when a load (starting) is put on the system it is losing a connection. Have the new battery load tested to rule out a faulty battery. Mass produced things will always produce a few bad apples.That will also tell you if the battery is dead you may have a drian from something ie. Aftermarket electronics. Also check all grounds and connections to the battery and starter. Look for loose or corroded connections. Hope that helps.