Steering Column Pulls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CrazedCowgirl

Reaction score
Hey I was just wondering if anyone else has a Tahoe that "pulls" while making turns. I just bought a '97 and I've noticed that if I'm going over 25 mph or if I make sharp turns my truck pulls. It's not my tires or axles. The only thing I can think of is either my gear box or a pin somewhere. I can't get a straight answer out of anyone. If you could please help it would be most appreciated!!!! Thank you. :confused:

CrazedCowgirl

Reaction score
It feels like my power steering it trying to make the turn itself, but then stops. I've been told it could be a pin in the knuckle. I've been told it sub structure damage. I know it's not my axles or tires. I've replaced most everything all around.

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EVO steering Sensor in steering column is toast.....

lwcools

Reaction score
Could also be looking at control arm bushings. When the wheels turn, they tilt (camber and caster), and if the bushings are bad they'll tilt too far, giving the sensation that its trying to turn itself. Ball joints can do the same thing if they're really bad. Here's a link explaining the basics of camber and caster:

http://yospeed.com/wheel-alignment-explained-camber-caster-toe/

I don't have any experience with a bad EVO sensor, but if the front steering components and bushings are all in good shape, and the alignment is right, I would take @lesterl advice and look into the EVO sensor.

rockenthebowtie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What you can try also is with the vehicle in park raise the RPM to about 2500 rpm and see if theres movement in the steering wheel if there is any type movement its going to be the steering gear