Suggestions on a HID kit??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sweetjeeps

Reaction score
hello, i am an HID retailar from new Jersey. If you have any questions at all you can call me 201-376-9786. My kits a very high quality and fully warrantied and made with panasonic parts. I can get any size and or color. My kits are $125. I can garantee no problems with my kits unlike the $62 ebay kits. If interested please call, my name is john, Lightning HID Systems.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your gunna try and sell stuff you need to pay the vendor fees. Otherwise your post is just going to be deleted:thumbsup:

mikeb33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
one thing i should mention is that when i installed them at first they would not turn on. this is because our 9006 plug has the + & - reversed or the kits input plug has them reversed, who knows. but you will have to flip the plug around for the kit to receive the correct polarity, or it could just be my 'Hoe, just dont panic when they dont come on at first just double check that connection.

Well I DID panic, then remembered your post. I turned the plug around and now they work. Plug and play, very easy, except where to hide the ballast. For a big vehicle, space behind the headlights is scarce.
I can't wait to go out tonight. I took some pics last week so I can do it again and have a before/after. I got the 5K by the way.

Thanks

MIKE

sweetjeeps

Reaction score
the best place to mount the ballasts is on the plastic fan shroud. Put the in the holders upside down though. Trust me I am a HID retailer and replaced about 8 ballasts in my 04 because no matter where you put them they get wet. If you put the ballasts there they will stay dry, and if they do get wet, they are upside down so the water will come back out. enjoy them, its like you can actually see now.

mikeb33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I took it out last night and WOW! I think it is too much! I have the 55W 5000K kit. It is so bright that white street signs reflect so much it is distracting. I was at a stop light behind a white cargo van and it hurt my eyes. The light was much more blue than I anticipated too. They look like 6000K pictures I've seen in the net.
Maybe I should have gotten the 35W for low beams and at 4500K. I am debating what to do.

sweetjeeps

Reaction score
color varies big time between retailers. one guys 8,000k can look like another guys 12,000k. i have 12,000k headlights and 8000k fogs and they match. they are both from 2 different of my supliers. You will get use to them, and if it was wet out it makes it reflect a lot worse, and i wouldn't care about blinding oncoming traffic, they don't care about you. And as long as you didnt change the angle, they are still shine in the same place.

chad_towns

Reaction score
best adivce. don't waste any money with xenonking.com . Bastards sold me " Genuine McCulloch bulbs to replace my burnt out ones. Damn things don't even fit the original harness right or even twist right into the headlamp. Did some digging around on internet and located the manufacter. Called and they said they have made bulbs in over 2 yrs. The replacements didn't look anything like the old ones. Called XenonKing.com and an a-hole told me "he wasn't having this conversation with me" and hung up. FRAUD

bigjherms

Reaction score
Did I get ripped off?

I bought a pair of HID kits from DDM Tuning a week ago, but there is no tracking information yet. The payment has cleared and everything. I'm calling them tomorrow. WTF!?

BigE

Reaction score
no. they are waiting for more supply to come in so they can fill the orders. i am also waiting on an order of kits for some friends of mine. and when i called this is what they told me. give em a call and they might give you a time estimate. it is more of a wait than most would like but its hard to beat their prices on HIDs.

by the way what kits did your order. love they way your Nali looks too.

GMBOUND

Reaction score
DDM has great customer service, They aren't too fast, but you have to give them a couple of calls and reminders to move you to the top of the list!
The product is great.
Their tech support is quick to respond.
The price is cheaper than most on the market!

bigjherms

Reaction score
i ordered the 55w kit for the lows and the 35w kit for the fogs. I called them last monday, and they mentioned that they were waiting on more 35w kits (which he got in that day). So it looks like they were back ordered.