tahoe 2010

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tweet

Reaction score
Good evening

I want to ask about tahoe 2010

when the form will be changed ?

do will change in 2010 ?

thank you :thumbsup:

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not a bad question -- especially if there WILL be major changes, and the OP is wondering if he should get an '09, or wait.

Anyone know?

/< / /2 /<

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This current 07-09 style will remain the same till probably atleast 2012, this is because GM is not in the condition to start restyling SUV's that aren't selling to good, plus 2012 will make it 5 years that the new body style started so there's no rush!

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This style might be around a lot longer than the previous ones. It's a good one and the cost of a new Tahoe development isn't going to make sense for a long time, and I doubt sales of large vehicles that get poor mileage will ever be good again.

bad63lac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM had previously announced (prior to all these problems with possibly going out of business) that they would NOT be updating the current platform until after the 2011 model year.

The only thing you will see is minor cosmetic changes not a completely new truck.

So 2012 or later. (if they're around)

667theneighbour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard that the development of the SUV's will stop. GM will just continue to sell the cars available today. But as mentioned earlier, will there be a GM for much longer?

667theneighbour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We'll see. In my opinion GM ought to be bailed out. It's too big a company to have belly up. The butterfly effect would be virtually endless.

uofmz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM is not going anywhere and i think that IF they do change it, it will be 2012 or later like everyone said, that is if the world is still around... :ack: i mean from the mayan calendar that is :ktoe:

think about it they usually change it every 5-6 years and this one JUST came out... we are good to go for awhile...

07SuburbanLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to retool a vehicle, this is money that all manufactures don't have in there budget for some time to come.

I wouldn't be surprised if anything were to change except a bumper cover, taillight or a new color for the next several years.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We think that new because its sort of new... But in 4 more years we will be ready for a change. Just as long as its not a stupid unibody frame.

I bet it will come out in 2012 as a 2013 model. since the gmt 800 style ran from 00-06, this will run from 07-13. 6 years.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
We think that new because its sort of new... But in 4 more years we will be ready for a change. Just as long as its not a stupid unibody frame.

I bet it will come out in 2012 as a 2013 model. since the gmt 800 style ran from 00-06, this will run from 07-13. 6 years.

You know uni body is what some want to do, and that will kill the awesome truck that it is.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope they dont do that. Why do they need to with the new traverse, thats their unibody suv now. Dont wreck a legend. Thats just stupid. I dont see how a frame helps with fuel economy. If anything it makes the tahoe LESS capable, I would not want to trust anything but a full size frame off road or towing, no matter what the rating. If GM makes the tahoes and yukons unibody I will never buy another one as I would not trust the strenth of it when I tow my trailers or the boat.

I think ford was equally as stupid for getting rid of the Excursion. That is one of the few fords I liked, and almost bought one, but could not find a good used 7.3 diesel excursion. But if we think the suburban and yukon xl are big, Wait until you drive an excursion. With the diesel its un stopable. O yea, damn I want one now.

667theneighbour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM will probably only alter things prone to failure for a few years until the economy is back on it's feet. But that's OK. I can't afford a new Tahoe now anyway. :D

rob97ag

Reaction score
The below is from gminsidenews.com. Talks about the suburban moving to lamba platform...so I am sure Tahoe will also or be killed.

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/...-escalade-esv-moving-lambda-70742/index2.html

GMI has just learned this evening from a reputable source that the GM Global Product Board greenlighted the next Suburban and Cadillac Escalade ESV to move to the Lambda platform.

There were no votes against the move by board members.

By these estimations, the GMT-900 Suburban will last until the 2014 model year.

The reasons behind the move are thought to be aimed squarely at CAFE standards, reducing the number of existing platforms utilized within the corporation, and a shift in general consumer tastes toward lighter unibody vehicles.

GMI presumes that this shift also means that GM has either overcome any limitation in allowing for the FWD-based Lambda architecture to tow higher weight or that the corporation will look solely to their pickup truck lineup (which is slated to remain on a traditional body-on-frame architecture) for customers who need to tow higher-weighted trailers.