tahoe 99 electric fans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ocampo75

Reaction score
hello, a week ago i decided to change the belt fan on my tahoe with a new electric fan. the first thing i noted was a brawny engine and a silent engine moan.

but no all is good here because this electric fan change comes with a battery drain. im thinking that the speed and charge of the fan are too high for the baterry charge,. I got the fans from a junkyard near here. the electric circuit has a temperature switch located on the driver side of the engine, on the head. and it starts operating at 195 degrees until the coolant reaches 185 degrees. i´m thinking to put an electric resistence connected to the negative side of the fans to slow the speed and give some rest to the alternator for charge.

does anybody has any suggestion on this.??

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What fan assembly did you get? What is your fan controller? What is your battery size/ age? What alternator?

ocampo75

Reaction score
I got the electric fans from a 95 Dodge Intrepid, battery and alternator are OEM of the tahoe 4x4, i think the battery has 750 CCA and the alternator is rated at 120 amps. The temperature switch comes from a 01 nissan sentra, its simple and is wired to ground on one side and the another to the relay that enables the fan when temperature increases.

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shure the fans off the intrepid are big enough to keep the 350 cool? How old is the battery? How do your volts look when running? Is the relay coil and temp switch powered only when ignition is on?