Tahoe Hybrid Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ellerbeck24

Reaction score
I was thinking about buying a new Tahoe Hybrid, but the one thing I do not like is the big bold hybrid writting on the side of the car. Is there any way I could get that removed so it is not there. Or is it made on everyone which it has to be on there. Thanks for the help

gmcul8r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told by the dealer that it was easily removed and they had already done it for previously.

PMD GTO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told by the dealer that it was easily removed and they had already done it for previously.

Thats correct. I went by my local dealership the other day and they had already removed the Hybrid sticker off of the white Yukon Hybrid that they had on the lot. Now if it was only as easy to convert the front bumper/side skirts/rear bumper to look like a normal Yukon.

08_Denali

Reaction score
Now if it was only as easy to convert the front bumper/side skirts/rear bumper to look like a normal Yukon.

Agreed, i would have bought one if they looked like a normal Yukon/Tahoe.

I cant stand the front grill :ack:

PMD GTO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed, i would have bought one if they looked like a normal Yukon/Tahoe.

I cant stand the front grill :ack:

You don't know how many times I have told my local dealer this. GM says they designed it for better aerodynamics but I thought the whole point of a Hybrid was to achieve better gas mileage in the city. Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the HWY epa numbers are the same on both the Hybrid and the 5.3?

jeholloway

Reaction score
Hybrid covered in stickers and other differences

I took delivery of my Hybrid yesterday from Maroone Chevrolet in Ft Lauderdale florida. There are many differences in the pursuit of weight savings etc. Front end air dam area has no fog lights. Rear door operates manually. Front seats lighter and thinner. Rear seats bench only and lighter, thinner.