Tahoe mods are complete including roof rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cooltwin

Reaction score
I just put the roof rack on yesterday and i think i am finaly done. Let me know what you think.
DSCN2676.jpg

DSCN2674.jpg

DSCN2677.jpg

cooltwin

Reaction score
I know its crazy how small they look even though they are 20's but i decided i wanted a better ride instead of big wheels

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice!:thumbsup:
How much did the roof rack run?

Gruson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! Escalade rack?

I want to add it to my Tahoe hybrid....thanks.

e-dub75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice job.

Just curious: Are the mud guards painted black? It looks like i see a glossy reflection. Where did you pick those up at? And where did you get the chrome trim for the running boards?

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Overall look is really nice. Congrats.

My only gripes:

1. Is the chrome strip (above the factory painted body side moldings) factory or aftermarket? It looks thicker (or something) than the factory '09 strips, and looks a bit "tacked on," or maybe doesn't have the same shape as the factory strips...

2. Assuming that the chrome strip was added to the doors after-the-fact, the "TAHOE" lettering looks too close to it now. That, and the lettering, itself, appears to go downhill.

/< / /2 /<

Yukon Joe XL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice look to it. Now you HAVE to add the chrome mirror covers:thumbsup:
I like the wheels. I'm with ya on the 20's for a better ride. What are those wheels.

cooltwin

Reaction score
So here are some answers to your questions:

roof rack cost- i am not sure because it was a gift

the chrome trim- it is aftermarket and you can get it online thats where i got it. As for the size of it, it is actualy smaller than what comes on the 09. the TAHOE lettering is actualy straight i dont know why it looks crooked in the picture but it is fine in person. i rushed outside to check you had me worried. lol eventualy i will change out the side trim, but they are hard to get a hold of. plus my trim looks like the stock moulding is starting to fade like everyone has been talking about.

the wheels- they are boss 315

the mud flaps- they are actualy painted, i was not a fan of the textured black ones. they are the ones for the escalade that if you do some minor modifications, they fit fine. anyone could do it. i bought them off of ebay.

houtex

Reaction score
Looks really good. I don't think the wheels look small at all. a suggestion ,clean the wheel wells and apply some protectant to keep them black.

cooltwin

Reaction score
yeah i normaly clean the wheel wells and use protectant on them, but the roads have been filthy the last few weeks so i have been too lazy to do it.:D

MCF34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good!!!

So here are some answers to your questions:

roof rack cost- i am not sure because it was a gift

the chrome trim- it is aftermarket and you can get it online thats where i got it. As for the size of it, it is actualy smaller than what comes on the 09. the TAHOE lettering is actualy straight i dont know why it looks crooked in the picture but it is fine in person. i rushed outside to check you had me worried. lol eventualy i will change out the side trim, but they are hard to get a hold of. plus my trim looks like the stock moulding is starting to fade like everyone has been talking about.

the wheels- they are boss 315

the mud flaps- they are actualy painted, i was not a fan of the textured black ones. they are the ones for the escalade that if you do some minor modifications, they fit fine. anyone could do it. i bought them off of ebay.

What is the width of the chrome trim on the doors? Also, how about a link to where you ordered it from. Thanks!

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Didn't mean to get you worried! LOL